Wednesday, November 7, 2012

SoMe PoStpOnEd TrIcK-oR-tReAtiNg

Today was a pretty rainy day so we stayed in and did some deep cleaning. Maddix scrubbed the counters while I washed the dishes, he picked up all his toys and practiced putting the right ones in the right boxes, he put the laundry basket away (however he first became a little distracted with it):
and he even went right down for his nap, instead of playing around first.
In the evening it let up so after we had our wonderful Taco dinner (It simply HIT the SPOT for me)
... we then went TRICK-or-TREATING!!! I know it's late, but we were traveling over the holiday and I just couldn't stand the idea of Maddix having to miss out. So with the wonderful Sheriff Woody (Toy Story) pajamas my grandma sent for him, and the willingness of Travis' classmates ( I had purchased candy to have them give Maddix, but they were so excited that they bought their own goodies to give him :), we were able to knock some doors.
Our first door took us to the girls' apt where Maddix received two Giant Choc. Chip cookies
Waiting outside our next building
This door was Aj's apt, and he spoiled Maddix with popcorn and cheese crackers from the states!
Maddix really liked grabbing the candy out of the bowl!
I think he was slightly confused as to why the candy goes in the bag, but he liked it after awhile
On our way home with our loot
Our little Sheriff Woody
He's pretty spoiled for only getting a hold of everyone an hour before we went out
And here was our first experience with taking away the candy... :) I actually found it funny.
Now I feel like I can officially close the door on Halloween and try my hardest to focus on Thanksgiving. I tell you, after going to Dresden and seeing all the Christmas items coming out, it just stirred something in my soul! And that something consists of hot cider, rosy red cheeks, twinkling lights, garlands, and joyful music........................ but yeah, Thanksgiving is going to be AwEsOmE, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment