Tuesday, January 6, 2015

~Ringing in the New Year~

Something on my mind a lot lately is Gratitude
I can probably attribute it to the fact that the past few months have been the highest months of Gratitude Attitudes we experience all year long; not to mention the ringing in of the new year always comes with a new sense of desire to BE better. I've asked many of my friends and acquaintances what their largest goal for the new year is and they say, "Nothing." This astounds me. I am one for lists. Visual confirmations that I've grown. For in those moments when I feel most week, like I could go forward but I just don't want to, I like being able to look on something that reminds me where I've been. And they haven't always been good places, but I've kept moving forward. That's a big reason I like this blog. Not that I love to live in the past, but I terribly enjoy seeing how I've grown, my family's grown, and how we got to the next step in life. I thrive on the chance to start a new each year! 

And that is why I love this Gospel so much. It is all about endless chances. A perfect example to look too, who gives a never ending supply of blessings and support along the way. Jesus Christ is the our PERFECT example, but he knows we struggle and make mistakes. And for this reason, he sacrificed himself so we could try again.... and again.... and AGAIN to become perfect! We don't run out of tries. And anyone can turn to Christ in their darkest hours. I love my Savior and will spend my days trying to pay him back for all I've been given.

Among many things I can't wait to check off at the end of the year, my BIGGEST goal is to NOT COMPLAIN! 
So to start the year we've been working on enjoying each day whether healthy or sick (which since the beginning of the year has been all healthy -knock on wood-). We are so grateful for our health. We are so grateful to have loving family and friends who care for us. We are so grateful that even though we've had to be a part for so long that it's almost coming to an end!!!! And that in and of itself makes this whole year seem like it's going to be the best!!! So Here's to ringing in the new year!
Best Wishes for the Year of 2015!

This was my uncle one morning after a large snow storm. He came and took care of my driveway then proceeded to take care of the widow neighbor next-door before heading home. 
 I love my new earrings I got for Christmas. I was told one day, "the blue matches your eyes." So I love the even more.
And I ADORE this little thing. She is my first born. My only girl. And soon enough she will FINALLY live with us after being apart 3yrs! Thank you to all family who has taken care of her for us during this Med School Adventure. 


 Oh this kid...
He just steals my heart.
 And so doe this one:)
Travis called me at 10:00pm to wish me a new year and was asleep by the time it was 2015 or us, so I just sent a photo for our New Year's Kiss. Next year babe! You owe me!
 After a late night, and a wonderful morning, we just took the day really slow and enjoyed a lot of cuddle time; something I plan to take advantage of as much as possible this year!
 New Year- A new time to treat our bodies to eating healthier. And after a month and a half of vomit and diarrhea shared by us all, we feel like the "cleanse" portion of been accomplished and now we just "need to put fuel in our engines, or our body will DIE," as Maddix always says!
 Goal: Lots more quality time. This was a game of hide and seek.
 And this... well this is just what our Frosty looks like these days:) If it snows again Maddix made me promise we'd build Frost a WIFE so he wouldn't be alone; how thoughtful!

No comments:

Post a Comment