Sunday, May 3, 2015

Week 9: No More Night Floats!

Life and slowed considerably since Travis entered his Surgery rotation. The boys are so understanding that daddy is tired or sleeping so we need to be quiet, or play outside. I guess the upside of having Travis on these night shifts is the house has stayed REALLY clean. At night I keep busy every minute I can until bed because it helps me not feel so alone. Another plus side: I've finished TWO (almost three) books! I've really been wanting to read some books; I love to read but lack the time between everything the boys need, the hubby, school, the house, the dog, etc. 
-Anyway, I usually turn on a television show while I clean and it makes me sick that I've watched as much t.v. has I have... I'm not a fan of t.v. I'm one that would be happy to just get rid of the t.v. all together. We typically watch a couple of cartoons early on and then end the evening with one movie and I already feel like that is enough. So when the boys are in bed and I have a few hours of precious alone time, I just think "Do I really want to spend this couple of hours just watching some show that I don't even care about?" I don't even find anything on these days to be worth watching, I just do it to fill the silence. -
So thanks to a wonderful friend, who for ages has shared her audio books with me, I decided to try listening to them with the headphones while I clean at night and it has seriously been amazing! I love it; I even clean quicker listening to them. I paced myself through the first book, only listening to it once the boys were asleep and it lasted me maybe three days. As soon as I started the second book I could tell it wasn't going to last long. I found some extra motivation to take some early morning runs and this week I've been able to go run for about an hour before the boys wake up, just after Travis walks through the door from his night shifts and takes a shower then heads to bed, and for that hour I'm totally lost in the book. I just keep running longer so I can listen to ONE More Chapter of the book, and I've seen my running distance increase from 3 miles to 6 miles on my last few runs; I can't tell you how sad I am to end this book series.. probably tomorrow. I'm trying to force myself not to read it today since it's Sunday and I've also been wanting to re-read the talks from this last conference. So tomorrow... the book will end :*( Sad day. Oh, and incase you're wondering, I've been reading the Maze Runner Series... I've really enjoyed them.  -So that's what's new with me! 

Travis- He FINALLY finished his night floats! He walked straight through the door from his last one, we hopped in the car and dropped him at the airport. He flew to Californian just in time for his best friend's wedding (he's part of the Three Amigos group, and the last one just got married). He is staying with his Uncle (whom we always stay with, and love) and taking his a test! Part one of his second boards exam! He has been studying so so hard and feels pretty ready for this part; second part will be July 3rd! 
My Boys- They are crazy! Is that enough explanation? I'm realizing fully that I don't have two boys who are mellow and laid back by any means. They are ready for adventures every minutes of everyday. Aaron is totally in his element here in New York with his daddy. Maddix loves the big city and all that goes on here, but we can tell he really is struggling to adjust here; he was very much the king of the Roost in Utah where he had preschool that he loved, friends everywhere, and a sports class that he loved. I can tell he is so happy to have his daddy, but struggles at missing Utah and perhaps that inner conflict just confuses him a little more. I have to remind myself he's only four and going through another big change... and that's probably why he acts out so so much; I just hope he adjusts soon... he's giving me a run for my money. But overall, they are happy, and CRAZY. 


















Welcome home to these wonderful and amazing
Grandparents! Welcome back to Utah from
their mission in Fiji!
We love you both! 

No comments:

Post a Comment