Sunday, October 15, 2017

Regina George (Mean Girls)

You may or may not be familiar with the movie Mean Girls. 
Regina George is a ring leader of a group of mean girls. 
In a scene near the end she has a realization that she's been double crossed and she lets out this scream.... 
... this scream that she's broken, defeated, angry, insane with rage and sorrow, and in the movie it's a seriously hilarious moment. 
In our house when I had my own "Regina George" moment, it wasn't funny until afterward. 

Call it end of pregnancy blues. Blame it on Travis's straight up AWEFUL schedule this month 
(his shifts are 14-18hrs long, w/ less than 24 hrs off... and he's always groggy). 
It could be due to the fact that Mason City RAINS all the time and I'm so sick of grey clouds. 
Or the fact that my children are both at VERY challenging stages at the moment, at the same time, and I feel like I'm fighting a losing battle against two insanely cute little monsters.
Whatever you want to call it, it resulted in a complete 
Regina George moment Tuesday night. 
~Guys~
Maddix had me so on edge. 
Aaron pooped himself because he waited too long. 
And then, just after getting Aaron out of the tub from his mess, laying out fresh pjs,
and vacuuming the boys' rug, 
the dog happened. 
Why?! 
WHY?!
Just as I think the night is over she comes in and poops in a full circle around my boys, on their pj's/vacuum/them...
and as I go chasing her out of the room, I discover more in the hall;
I made this discovery with my foot. 
THIS is when the shiz hit the fan

I don't think my boys have EVER seen me come apart like I did.
Aaron ran to time out out of instinct.
Maddix tried offering a hug and saying, "i'm going to pray for you."
I ended up blubbering to Travis about how I was just DONE. :)
End result: Travis's hospital sent him home immediately for a 20min break 
so he could not only put the boys to bed, but me as well. 
I was asleep by 9:00, Doctor's orders. 

I just can't say enough good about Travis. 
He is the best dad to our children. 
The incredibly BEST husband to me. 
A giving neighbor, friend, and ward member. 
A fantastic physician. 
And when he's given all he has, he digs a little deeper and finds more. 
So thank you love. 
While this gloomy cloud has found a spot to linger over my head, 
I find comfort in the little holes in the cloud, with light peering through that you've provided me. 

And that's really all I have to say about this month so far. 
October is one I don't wish to remember. 
But... let's add some cute photos so we end on a happier note!




He's so into dress ups as of late

He LOVED babysitting and wanted to
do EVERYTHING for
Baby Jay

On the way to Minneapolis to get our
windshield redone I just loved
the fall colors

Friday Movie night snuggles

Last play of the last game of the season.
Way to go Moormon Clothiers! 

35 Weeks and huge,
as everyone likes to point out.


Sunday Snuggles

When days aren't great, you plan out your next
trip to Disneyland
(Nov '18, here we come!) 

Probably my favorite moment of the WEEK:
Aaron was in charge of his first F.H.E lesson (again, Travis helped) and
it was on sharing AND it was about the CUTEST thing;
my heart nearly burst with joy!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment