Sunday, September 2, 2018

Since We've Come Home!

I CAN'T believe that summer is already coming to a close and school is back in session. However, I am truly excited for this fall (even if that means winter is just on the other side). 
We took advantage of the last few days of summer by break by: 
-Taking a Camping/Fishing trip with dad--Addie/Mommy Weekend
Attending a Harry Potter Party, hosted by our wonderful friend, Jodi!
Mommy/Maddix Date to go see Hotel Transylvania
Breakfast outside and p.j.'s all day on the last day before school
Trip to Minnesota for Costco and dinner with Cousin Vance, with Harry Potter 6 movie on the drive home (boys had their wands in hand the WHOLE movie)
Started football practices; let the season start! 

So just like that, school has started! 
Maddix is in Mrs. Mehmen's class; there are less kids, less "problem children," more patients, and just overall a better atmosphere for Maddix this year.
Aaron absolutely LOVES all day school. His teacher is Ms. Jensen and her theme this year is "camping," so his classroom is like a campout, which he's extra excited about :) 
Each day I drop them off Aaron has run back to me and given me a BIG HUG and a BIG KISS before going into class! AH! I love it. That's new for me! SoMeOnE else is a little "too cool" to give me the time of day! :D
After school we play on the playground before heading home and spending our evenings outside playing football, baseball, anything together as a family. 

And i'm loving my time with Addie. We start each day with a walk before nap time. Then I get some focused cleaning time in, which is awesome! And then she likes to go back and eat lunch outside. And it's fun because each day when the boys come home I already have their math folders and snacks out on the table waiting for them. And I've been working hard to prep dinners while their at school so I have more time with them when they get home!
























 







And then yesterday Travis made us a delicious and amazing lunch to recreate one of our New York Meals. We then went to Maddix's piano recital where he did SUCH a good job on both his pieces (allegra and Happy Birthday). Then we enjoyed an afternoon at Clear Lake with some of our friends, playing in the sand and learning to paddle board. Tell you what, Maddix took to paddle boarding and didn't hop off for the whole time we were there; he loved it! So glad it could take a break from raining so we could make it happen! 
It was a great day! 
I truly and sincerely love my family. My home. The Gospel. And the life I am leading. 
I am so grateful I am no one else but me :)









No comments:

Post a Comment