Sunday, May 12, 2019

SoOo much to catch up on!

I have actually written a few blog entries that never ended up finished, and essentially became outdated... 
so here I am trying to compile my the past month through photos on my phone, journal entries, and the few memories I can hold in my overly tired brain. 
Here it goes! 

Travis
This guy. He's down to his last month and a half of residency!! 
He'll never have work a month of nights again. 
No more Christmas Day shifts. 
And only one month more 
of weekends!
He's been lawn-caring, house cleaning, child raising, wife saving, bike riding, Young Men's Advising, 
and cooking up a storm since Avery has joined our family. He has been all about Mountain biking EVERYTHING from watching the videos to actually riding. He's been able to go on local rides here at Lime creek, and a few hours away with a friend to a trail there. 
He also took us to the ball fields to practice some ball, that ended in zombie tag!
He surprised me with a delivery of flowers (that came on a day I had a big breakdown)
And today, provided me a wonderful Mother's Day!

Lacey
I'm wearing makeup again... like twice a week, ha ha! 
I began working out, but had to back away after just two times; thank you tailbone... 
I love the walks we get out on (like once a week when it's warm enough).
Finished watching my t.v. show that I started when Avery was born (I'd told myself by the time I made it through the series then I'd be in a better spot mentally, emotionally, and... sleeping. 
Went on my first childless outing w/ Trav to see Avenger: End Game! LOVED IT!!
I'm just trying to get through the days, honestly. 


Maddix
Started baseball season and tried his first go at catching (I loved watching him in all his gear).
He's been so good at helping around the house, supporting me, and expressing himself by using his words.
He spent a day with Travis in Minneapolis where they went to breakfast, golfing, Costco, and then grabbed a Jamba for the ride home. 
He just had a friend over to create new types of Pokemon by drawing two cards out of his bag and then combining them to make one new ultimate Pokemon; then they'd create its card. 
We recently got separated at his school event and he did the absolute right thing to do when lost. 

Aaron 
He is my dreamer. His imagination knows no bounds; we LOVE this about him. It can make sports like baseball extra difficult though when there is so much downtime and an endless canvas of dirt in which to map out his creations! We've bribed him with ice-cream after each game if he can stay FOCUSED! 
He constantly wears a big smile... except for when he is in a MOOD, at which point he switches it out for the ANGRIEST, most GORGEOUS green eyes you'll ever see. That kid... 
He is honestly so happy with anything he is given in life. The day Maddix went to Minneapolis, he had a simple day at home with me where he got to be the chef, help me fold laundry, and snuggle through a cartoon, and seriously nothing could have made him any happier. He even wants to ask Santa for a lump of coal for Christmas so he can help heat the house!
Funny enough, at school he recorded that he wants to be a "Brain doctor to get million and millions of money." He's wanted to be a neurosurgeon for awhile now. The other day he told me, 
"It's okay that i'll be a brain doctor that works tons of hours because I don't want any children. I'm going to have a really rich house with nice things, so I don't want any children there to mess it up and be so noisy. I don't think I want to get married either. I just want to live in my rich house with all my money by myself." I tried so hard to keep a straight face! 

Adeline
My little Addie-Paddy-Cakes is officially a toddling nightmare! But I love her. 
She was too quiet the other day and I found her asleep on the rug. 
I went to the bathroom and she tore apart our Come follow me Book (I taped it back together). 
Went to wipe puke out of my hair and came back to find her with my mascara all over her face. 
She figured out how to get into the Dryer... 
She can now get up on the kitchen table. 
She tried jumping off the arm of the couch. She can get up Maddix's bunk bed ladder now. She can climb up her diaper changing table. She can get my door open now, which allows her unlimited access to the dog's water/food. 
She found a bag of rotten sink garbage I was going to throw away and smeared it all over her rug. Constantly starts the dishwasher. Can open the oven! 
She loves hats, jewelry, and sunglasses. 
Sings to herself on our walks. 
Had an oreo during bath time... didn't end well. 
Bobbles her head, hips, and shoulders when she dances... which is all the time. 
She can say two word sentences like, "Avery Sleeping," and "That's Daddy's," and "Baby Avery," And can say dozens of single words. 
She loves to sing "Dada sha! Doo Doo!" -Daddy shark (always sings it to try and get out of being in trouble) , and "Leh-it-go!!!"-Let it go. 
She a stinking cute mess of sugar and spice and anything mischievously nice! 

Avery
She is so good at holding her head up! And actually loves tummy time (a first for us). 
Hates her binkie, but can be forced to keep it in, with coaxing. 
Loves being buzzed up against a chest. 
She's our most tan/darkest haired baby by far. 
She has puked all over me, Travis, and Maddix; she's claimed us as her own. 
She flashes giant surprised eyes at only Aaron. She receives constant "Mmmmmwah!" kisses on her head and a quick nuzzle/head rub from her big sissy Addie. 
Eats: 10-15mins on each side, and chokes repeatedly! 
Sleeping: She's a decent sleeper... A really good night for her allows me to sleep from 11:00pm-3:00am, and then 4:00am-7:00am. BUT bad nights (like last night) are like 11:30pm-1:15am, and then 5:30am-7:00am. Boo. She's had one night that allowed me a 5hr stretch!! And she's currently on a napping boycott! 
She grunts a lot and is finally starting to coo! 
And she's given us some smiles!!! 

~Big Family Events~

My Mom Came to Visit/help:
This consisted of walks, trips to the park, house cleaning, letting me get naps in, playing football in the front room, taking Addie to the library, going out for dinner, and she even got to go have lunch with both boys. 
Love you Mom!! 

My First Outing With Both The Girls, on my own: 
I took them to the library; it wasn't great... but we survived! 

Had the Hoover Elementary Walk-a-thon

Cinco De Mayo:
We had friends over and we had a dinner of multiple dips and jello-ritas. 

Mother's Day: 
Travis made breakfast. I made my first appearance back to church... which also wasn't great, but we survived! 
Travis made lunch and helped me catch a nap! And then made us a wonderful big dinner and cleaned up the kitchen. 

And then we've had BIG moments for all the Johnson's over the past few weeks: 
Travis: Got his mountain bike and started biking! 
Larisa: Competed in the St. George Marathon and then visited several temples along the way home. 
Bryce and April: Announced they're pregnant! 
Garett: Graduated from BYU!! 
Vaughn and Lori: Spent two weeks touring around Europe! A gift trip they received for Christmas! 





























Mother's Day at church!
















quilt made ba Gma Donna







Food poisoning!



Aaron's creation



another creation


End Game was AMAZING!!





Snacking on... raw onions!


M's summer creation

playing in... frozen fish

School Walk-a-thon!

Our lil' Chef!






In. To. Everything!

Oreo in the tub... lesson learned


Re-did the toy room 


First Sunday outfit



Moved the blue couch upfront 
Our first family photo!!!


1 comment:

  1. Awh, your family is so cute! I miss you all. I'm glad to hear all is well. Busy, but normal for a hone with 4 small children.

    ReplyDelete