Sunday, August 25, 2019

The Last Full Week of Summer Break

As I was sitting here reflecting over this past week, at first I couldn't think of many things we did other than living in a filthy house and trying to take loads of our belongings to the new house.
P.s.... how on earth can my current house be such a mess when so many of belongings are already moved to the new house? I mean... I.. I just... I dunno. However, as I reflected on the week with the boys, it was actually quite busy with LOTS of fun! And I now feel less guilty about the pile of diapers, unfolded laundry, papers, and moving boxes :D Ha Ha.

Favorites of the Week:
Travis: Biking with his friend, Ben/ Watching Addie throw rocks at one of our outings
Lacey: Watching Addie/Aaron play out in the rain
Maddix: Taking Sylas to scouts, and having him come play for the day
Aaron: Bike riding Saturday morning
Adeline: Fossil Digging and throwing rocks around

Monday: We went to the park with friends. And at one point Addie put on her Elsa pj's and she and her brother's each grabbed a stuffed puppy and blanket and snuggled up for a movie.

Tuesday: I loved watching Aaron take Addie by the hand and lead her out to play in the rain.

Wednesday: We had friends over to play out front. I loved watching Addie follow her brothers around, all of them eating apples and just being together; her brothers are so so good to her. That night Maddix took his friend with him to scouts.

Thursday: Bubble blowing, lots of friends over all day long, video games, and basketball for Travis that night.

Friday: All day, outside, again. I loved one moment where Avery was lying in the grass and in the background Aaron and Addie were reading books on the porch.

Saturday: Big breakfast. A fun bike ride with the kids (Travis got to go for a ride with a friend here). We then accompanied a few of our friends out to Rockford to go fossil digging. It was so fun watching Addie throw rocks in the water, Aaron scale up mountains like a goat, and Maddix roam around with the older boys just exploring all around. Then we packed up a truck load and while the boys played video games with the babysitter, we went and dropped off the truck load and then grabbed some dinner.

Sunday: One of my favorite Sundays I've had in awhile!! I felt that I actually was able to focus on the sacrament. Second hour was split between walking Avery around the outside of the church to calm her down, and being in YW; both of which, I really enjoyed. During the girls' naps Travis and I played a fun game with the boys. Then I played Beyblades with Maddix. We spent the whole day together as a family, didn't even turn the t.v. on once! After dinner we had F.H.E  and watched some MORMON videos. Then my FAVORITE part of the day was bedtime. I loved bathing the girls. And I LOVED snuggling Aaron and Maddix in his bed while reading our nighttime book!
Both girls were dressed with bunnies :)


Our DIY project


She's busy budgeting and balancing the books




My loves







Me: You massage now??
A: "Yesh; it'sh my new shkill! I learned from gma Donn!"



She is my LOVE!!
She is four days away from 5 months,
and I can't handle it!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment