Sunday, May 17, 2020

Another Quarantine Week of Sunshine

Honestly, I don't really mind Quarantine for the most part. Other than missing friends, we already live far away from family, and our schedules have never been lighter. For the most part, I love our quarantine schedules. 
I love watching my children learn new skills and build relationships. I love being apart of their conversations and giggles because I was there when that funny thing happened; vs. "How was schoo?" "fine." What did you do today?" "I don't remember." 
I love that my girls have a rare treat of having so much extra time with their much older brothers. And these brothers are the best! They dote on those girls. Those girls are so extremely blessed with those brothers; I hope they always know that. 

Monday
The entire day was spent outside in the sunshine. 
Aaron stayed home during our morning walk and FaceTimed us from his bed :)
Enjoyed walking around the yard with Travis as he sprayed the weeds, while Avery dozed against my chest in the baby carrier. 
Cleared out the beds around the house while the boys watched the girls and a movie. 
Super cute/sad moment: I scolded Avery (kept getting into the dog's water) and she was SOOoo sad, so Addie went over to Avery and tenderly took her into a sweet hug and Avery just melted into her arms. Addie loved her tight and told her to be happy!!! 

Tuesday 
Did my p90X video, went running, showered, AND got ready for the day all before the kids came out of their rooms for the day. 
It was a BLOW OFF DAY. We meant to clean and do school work, BUT Aaron wanted to move the furniture around in his room... and then we got excited over decorations for the walls... and that lead to me going to Hobby Lobby while Avery napped and the kids watched a movie and the rest of the day was spent finishing off the kids rooms. 
Travis and I did go out to pick weeds, and the kids followed out to jump on the trampoline; it's one of my favorite moments in life anytime I'm doing yard work while the kids play so sweetly outside. 

Wednesday 
Getting to clean with Aaron while we chatted like we used to do when he was my cleaning buddy!
Maddix ended a facetime with his friends because they weren't using appropriate language. 
Maddix read out loud to Avery while they snuggled in the puppy's pen. 
Watching Travis melt over Avery's cute little faces she was making at the table. 
The boys had a Bonding Night: They finished up their Harry Potter movie after dinner and shared their Easter candy with each other while snuggled under a blanket together. 
I completely took the night off of cleaning once the kids were in bed and I watched a tv show without even doing any writing (if I watch tv I'm always grocery planning, making schedules, prepping school lessons, doing finances, etc).... I just watched the show until I went to bed; it was awesome. 

Thursday 
For Art time we did a service project. The kids created some sweet cut outs for friends they are missing/people they feel might be lonely. We drove them around and taped them on five different family's doors and then ran away. They had such a good time, and the dogs enjoyed just getting out in the car for the ride. 
I maddest out for a 3mile run (far for me these days), but the highlight was that I ran my first mile at a 7:49 mile pace!! 
At bedtime I walked in the boys' room and soaked in seeing their personalities: Maddix was snuggling the puppy in his bed, and Aaron was writing in his journal... his first entry ever. 

Friday- MAY DAY!! 
Ever since we lived-in Poland and discovered that May 1st is a HUGE Holiday there that shuts pretty much the entire country down, we've just always loved this day. And fast forward to now, seeing as we live in Iowa, where the winters are (dare I say it) even harsher, there is something about May 1st that is like a major weight is lifted from your shoulders and you just know you made it through another winter... and there are so many better days coming up ahead!
The day started with Travis and I getting out on a mountain biking date and then came back to find donuts being dropped off on our doorstep.

The girls room just got a shelf added above the crib 




The boys each got these decorations over their beds



These trees are all dead, and we finally got them ripped out

Photo bombers 

Headed to the grocery store

Let's be real... weekend yard work + Daddy fun time + Grocery shopping =
a CRAZY mess awaiting me once the kids went to bed! 

His first ever journal entry; he did this without
any prompting. 

YaY! No more dead trees in the background 

This just sums up how I feel most days 


One of the many art projects they've done;
I absolutely love how much coloring theyve
been doing 





getting our garden in 



For art one day we went and delivered some hearts
to friends that we missed

Woohoo! Fastest I've run in years! 

Oh my goodness... the sun beaming through these windows
sometimes just makes me stop and catch my breath that I'm
lucky enough to live the life I live. 

And this sunset was phenomenal 

And THIS thing thinks she's a mud puppy

No comments:

Post a Comment