Thursday, August 1, 2013

~Mi Familia~Meine Familia~My Family~Moja Rodzina~

             Since Aaron's arrival into our family life has turned upside down for me and is just now starting to find some much needed normality.
              You see, for me, when I have babies that first month after is almost like my own personal misery. I do not do well with little sleep, and I tend to suffer from Postpartum depression, so it's very hard for me. I become an angry, irrational person that is no fun to be around; and worst of all I can hear the way I am speaking (yelling) at Travis and Maddix (and Nala for that matter), but I can't control myself... so it's rough. I never wrote any of those feelings I was having with Maddix down because I was ashamed; I didn't really believe in Postpartum at the time. However this go around I want to record for myself, a record that those feelings are normal, "You've had them before, and they do pass! Especially once baby starts sleeping."
            So now that we are about to hit that one month mark tomorrow, I can feel the normality of my days returning. I'm adjusting, and thankfully Aaron is starting to sleep more... which means I am sleeping a bit more; yah. Now I can at least function even if it's not completely coherent functioning all the time... and for that reason we've been spending a lot of down time... just trying to get the hang of all this:) Here are a few photos from our days over the past month:
one week, I think

Captain Underpants

Male bonding time

his sleepy face kills me

At nap time Maddix took all his stuffed animals and sort of made a nest with them:)

Like father like son

Brother time

Both of them loving their retrievers
(Maddix's is Doug from Up)


Such a funny sleeper

Outfit for 1st trip to 7peaks

Glad to get back to the pool and the sunshine

No comments:

Post a Comment