Monday, April 24, 2017

Bring On May

April Showers Bring May Flowers


This can be thought of as metaphorically, as well as literally as the phrase applies to our Month of April; it has been a rough one. Without exaggeration I can honestly say this has been one of the hardest months I've had to survive since Travis and I were living apart for all those long months. 
It's been rainy with no sun: I thrive on sun
We've had A LOT of commitments: I've felt overwhelmed
Travis's hours were insane: He worked a week of days and nights... only to sleep 2-4hrs in between.
The boys have started sports: I absolute love this, and it's been hard to balance it all. 
We've been sick, a lot. 

And then I've had school... this has been one of my hardest semester's I've experienced in my program; i.e. Saturday I had an 8 hr assignment to do while Travis actually had a day off and he and the boys were out enjoying the gorgeous weather, doing yard work and having fun... and I felt like a piece of me was dying inside... and then as I sat in that dark little office, I began feeling sick again...

And I have what we think is really bad food poisoning from the restaurant we went to on our date night on Friday; it has been awful, probably because I just don't handle being sick well at all. I have been down and out for the count. 

BLESSINGS of the Month: I have the sweetest friends and neighbors who have driven Maddix to school for me, taken Aaron so I can work on homework, and just gone above and beyond to help us in tough times when Travis can't be around. Then there is the fact that Travis had this weekend off; I would NOT have survived, the boys would not have survived had he not been home. And not only was he home, but he was SO engaged and on the ball. He completely transformed our yard (it looks so good), played with the boys, they hand-washed the Explorer, cleaned the house, cooked, shopped, brought me crackers and Gatorade, went to a church meeting for me, bathed and put the boys to sleep, and seriously never stopped to take a moment for himself this whole weekend. Now he is back to work today and only has one day off this weekend and then works another 14 days straight; he is my Hero


Aside from this being the longest most unbearable month, we did enjoy Easter, We've enjoyed the couple of soccer games we've gone to as a family in good weather, we are STOKED that the boys are about to start BASEBALL!!!! I've waited 6 hrs to become a baseball mom! And... Travis just received a fun calling he's looking forward to: I'll update on that later. This month just needs to end. 
May is going to bring SOOO many good things that I just can't wait for the "flowers" that will bloom from all this "rain" we've received this month! 
Hail storm; they weren't too big, but they came down
hard!

Dancing in the car

Went to a "Ghost Buster" themed
bday party


Easter loot! 

Easter Egg Hunt with friends




Picnic, and enjoying some sun

Took Daddy his phone and ended up getting
to come in for a treat:) Made Aaron's DAY!




No comments:

Post a Comment