Sunday, September 10, 2017

September Thus Far

Ten days into September and I already feel like the month is almost over! 
So much has gone on and changed in the past ten days that I feel like we couldn't have packed it all in such a short amount of time. 
Now I'm not necessarily speaking about activities that have been packed in, BUT the emotional up's and down's that have transpired; we are emotionally drained!!

Guys... Maddix started 1st Grade! 
The morning he started he wanted to leave an hour early just to get there. 
After school... it was written all over his face how badly he didn't like the day. 
In a nutshell, it's not what he was expecting, and there was so much adjusting he wasn't ready to do.
Within a few days though he was happy to be there, leaving school in higher spirits, but still coming home and just falling apart. 
Now... thank HEAVENS, he's adjusted and is sweet again. 

He also started football and LOVES it. He says he wants to play football for Harvard because they have a good team AND you have to be smart to go there... so that's the new goal. 
Also, we signed up late for the season and got placed on a random team, which happens to be Newman. Long story short about Newman: it's somewhat of the elite school in town. 
Now what is it about money that also allows them to genetically produce athletically inclined and built Children?? Maddix is in the middle of the pack for size, yet he was the BIGGEST kid by far when paired against the other team from the other school they just played this weekend. 
I kid you not, Maddix's team was like watching a bunch of machines as they'd mechanically hit their marks as the coach would yell, "Down! Set! Hike!" 
Poor other team didn't stand a chance. 

Guys... Aaron started preschool! Five days a week my sweet little boy leaves me for a few hours and as much as I revel in the idea of a few hours to myself, not seeing his little angelic face just breaks me up inside! However, each day I pick him up and his eyes glisten with excitement to tell me about his day and he rushes into my arms it makes the time apart worth it! He loves school! 
The first day we dropped him off I came home, trying to hold it together, and Travis.... Loving, kind, Travis (insert the sarcasm) sat me on the couch while he played depressing music (i.e. Cat's in the Cradle), snuggled me, and showed me endless photos of Aaron from birth to current... 
... until he finally broke me into tears, and then the tears never ceased. I basically curled up in a ball and cried/slept until it was time to go get my little guy! 

In a long story, not made so short... the past two weeks have included endless parenting lessons, tears, adjusting, getting back into routines, and then finally a few highlights: 
The Day the music died (crash site of Buddy Holly) 
Date nights (we've done three in a row; we're on a roll)
Friday Family Movie Nights
and the MiNnEsOtA sTaTe FaIr (THAT was a crazy and very fun adventure!)

As for Travis and I, we are just exhausted. He likes to complain about the discomfort he feels from having to carry around the extra weight of the boot... how it makes his back hurt, how he misses sleeping in preferred positions, that he can't lift things, and he still has ANOTHER month of this uncomfortable altered state of life!!! 
Guys... I have to roll my eyes, rub my stomach, and hobble away from him just shaking my head at how ridiculous he is! 
And that being said, I'm totally uncomfortable now. Like, I don' know how I'm going to make it another 10 weeks; I'm so big! Travis left for a conference/classes for two days and returned to tell me he felt I was so much bigger in that short amount of time; my neighbor says the same thing! So I guess it's true! 

So excited to have a locker this year





THIS flag has really lit a fire under all our neighbors ;)
They keep insisting we trade it in for some Hawkeye Gold and Black! 

29 weeks: officially realizing I'm uncomfortable

The Day the Music Died









~Minnesota State Fair~






 Aaron's Off to School!!! 
School shots

Ahh!! My baby! 






Stinky Travis, making me cry





Friday Movie night, hosted by Aaron. We watched Despicable Me 2.
Snacks: Minion Gummies and popcorn


Scored two touchdowns in his game!
(he's in grey)

A quick Date Night

12 Weeks
20 Weeks

30 weeks






No comments:

Post a Comment