Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Family In Town

Family. 
Isn't it about: Time. 
No really, that's what we kept asking ourselves for those two weeks in between Addie coming early and the arrival of my in-laws. Every day the boys asked, "Isn't it about time for them to be here yet??" 
It's hard to think that they've already been here a week, my father-in-law just left back home yesterday and we only have six more days with our Grandma Lori; why is it the time you want to go slow has to fly by while the time you WANT to go FAST drags on... and ON... and ON (like the time before Adeline begins to sleep through the night) (Remember last post when I said, "I don't want to get ahead of myself..." and that she was sleeping? Well now she isn't really again, other than this ONE gorgeous night that she let me sleep a 5 HOUR STRETCH! This was a big night for me:) 

This week with the Grandparents has been lots of fun. Grandma has gone to work sewing up a gorgeous pink storm of crib bedding, Christmas bags, and anything else you can think of; it's incredible how cute everything is turning out. And in the evenings she makes us delicious dinners.
The boys have loved their walks to the Goose pond with Grandpa, football in the front, games of catch, chess, and wrestling, and reading books with Grandpa at night. 

We look forward to the next six days with Grandma... and I especially am trying to collect myself mentally that in six days I have to be prepared to take back over everything: Cleaning, cooking, shopping, driving the kids around, taking care of them in general, homework, etc. Guys, I'm scared! Grandma? Can you just stay awhile more? Christmas is right around the corner! ;) 

Travis
He has enjoyed being on Ped's this month So much! We're going to miss this rotation. 
He's also enjoyed having the car to drive so he hasn't had to walk in the cold.
Loves having time to hang out with his parents. 
Took the boys out front to play ball. 
LOVES having his mom cooking again... I'm going to have to step up my game.

Lacey
Same ol' Same ol': 
Little sleep
Behind on homework
Trying to spend more time with the boys
Ample baby time

Maddix
Enjoyed his week out of school and having family here. 
And today for the first time ever he got to ride the bus!! It's something he's wanted to do for a long time, but I've not wanted him to. We made a deal that the boys could start riding the bus once the baby came so today as I choked back tears and worry that he was okay, Aaron and I walked over to the bus stop and waiting for our Buddy to show up. It was a surreal feeling watching him come running off the bus, but to see how much he loves it, and to hear that he rides with several of his friends made me happy for him and how much he's growing. 

Aaron
Oh. My. Heavens.
My sweet angel seen the past week on vacation, which meant lots of sugar, late bedtimes, and no routine... and now we're paying for it. He is giving so much attitude that he seems like a whole new boy; fingers crossed it's just the lack of sleep and not a new stage!

Adeline
I almost forgot to write about her!
She has been cooing just a little.
She had a mini photo shoot.
She is gaining weight like a champ and has a double chin.
Sleeping is still hit or miss.
Loves hanging out with her brothers.
Melts all our hearts.







Starved for attention, the both of them.

Puppet show

"We'll need audience participation please."

Grandma and Grandpa made it all of 2hrs into their
journey before being snowed in in Wyoming and
having to wait 6hrs before the roads opened
and they faced 200miles of blizzard
just to get out to us! 

Me: Are you excited Gma and Gpa are on their way?
Aaron: (No words. Just this face)

She wasn't loving tummy time so her "tummy time support team"
came to cheer her on!



 Happy Thanksgiving!
Best part: Everyone else cooked and we got the grandparents all to ourselves this year:)











All this bedding was made by my m.i.l!
The sheet, blanket, quilt, bumpers...
you name it, she made it. 

My best friend, Mackenzie Nelson commissioned
this painting for Addie's room and it's
absolutely perfect;
Everyone should own a piece of art by Mackenzie


Hanging with Grandma and learning to cook!

The boys think she's the coolest now that she knows
how to blow bubbles! 



3 1/2 weeks old



No comments:

Post a Comment