Sunday, February 18, 2018

Flu, Fun, and Flu

Sometimes I feel like the best and most terrible things start with the letter "F;" I think we all know what those words are, so i'll leave it at that.
This week has been full of many "F" words. Fun, for instance. On Monday morning Travis rolled in after working at 24hr shift, then drove himself 2hrs up to Minneapolis where he had the automatic start put in his truck (very FUN for him), and then came home that evening, just in time to join us for our F.H.E activity (another fun "F" word): going to the movies. By the end of the night Aaron was puking all over the house, and puked himself to sleep. We were pretty sure he just over ate all the movie theater popcorn and soda, BUT... by Thursday I became less sure (I'm still not sure).

First, let's go back to Wednesday: a FaNtAsTic Valentine's Day. We dropped a surprise invitation into Trav's truck at work, cordially inviting him to dinner at "Le Johnson Bistro" that evening. After school the kids celebrated Valentine's Day at Susan's before coming home to find little treats waiting for them.
When Travis came home he found a path of candles leading to the toy room, which had been converted into a restaurant. The boys were wonderful servers who dutifully attended to our drinks and empty plates :) They even ate at the counter in the kitchen so we could have alone time at the table (this of course didn't stop them from talking to us, or stop Addie from crying through the whole meal; you win some, you lose some). We tipped them and sent them to bed. We enjoyed a slow dance and some time together, and Travis got me a wonderful pair of prescription sunglasses so I no longer have to wear two pairs of glasses (driving + Sunglasses) while we do all our cross country drives; he's the best!

So Thursday night Travis came home and within hours began to feel sick. He spent the entire evening with one of the worst "f-words" I can think of: FLU. I told him to stay home from work, but he insisted he'd be fine and couldn't take the time off. I had felt somewhat queasy through the night, but was seriously praying it was all in my head.... nope. Just after Maddix left to school I was hit HARD with the flu. But as a tender mercy myVisiting teacher dropped off some sick masks, Aaron was well enough to go play the afternoon with a friend, and Addie took an abnormally long nap all afternoon which kept her away from me and allowed me to try to rest. We ended up having to cancel our double date that night, but by Saturday morning I was just feeling some residual nausea so we decided to keep our plans of going up to Minneapolis for the night.

Our Mini Getaway:
We stayed at one of our most favorite hotels in Minneapolis, the Hyatt Place. We went to the Mall of America where I went to Sephora and had a makeover/ bought a bunch of real grown up make-up (I guess it's time, right?) and the boys ran into a friend of Trav's and they all went to the Arcade. Afterward our friend, Jed accompanied us to dinner at Olive Garden where Addie had her second major blow out of the trip (the first being right before we were leaving to the mall), and I was now out of back up clothes in my diaper bag. We wrapped her in some burp clothes and placed her back in the carseat until we could scrub her and everything else back at the hotel... she is still the best baby:) It was so fun having Jed come along, as well as entertain our kids. Back at the hotel Addie and Aaron fell asleep as we flipped through Olympics, Nascar, Dirt biking (seriously, we watched Nascar...), and a few others (it was just exciting having cable, ha ha). Maddix on the other hand stayed up until 10:30! He laid our bed between Travis and I and I just relished every single minute of that precious time where it was just US again. I love him so much.
In the morning both the boys jumped in bed and snuggled for a bit before heading to breakfast (this hotel has such a good breakfast!). Then we promised the boys we'd go swimming before we left so as Addie and I sat next to the pool, the boys and Travis entertained us as they splashed around; all the while Travis had this pained, unhappy look on his face... but the boys didn't seem to notice ha ha! He said the water was just freezing and Aaron kept drowning him! I thoroughly enjoyed watching them play with their dad in the pool.

Now here we are back home and I think I've never disliked Mondays as much as I do right now. Mondays mean Travis is gone again for many days. Monday's mean I lose my boys back to school. And Monday's mean I have more homework; boo. I really love weekends, especially when Travis is off work. So fingers crossed this week has more good "F" words than bad ones! And especially no FLU words.
p.s. incase you were wondering, Maddix has informed me that there are now THREE "F" words, yep. He learned this from a kid who rides his bus... he learns MANY things from the bus (sigh, pray for us)!
p.p.s Maddix lost ANOTHER tooth in a hotel :D And once again the tooth fairy was able to find him; he's starting to think this needs to be a continuing trend!
p.p.p.s Maddix scored THREE baskets in his basketball game on Saturday ( I missed from being sick), and we are SO proud of him. That is a huge accomplishment for him!
Happy New Week!

Maddix and Addie time, apparently:) 

My favorite doll! 

 "Hoppy" Valentines Day from our CUTEST little Valentine


His first year in school getting Valentines!




Split pea soup, homemade rolls, garden salad,
cornbread, sparkling cider, and Orange Julius
for dessert

My cute note from Travis, folded like we used
to fold them in Junior high! I loved it! 

And then the flu hit.....

Umm.... she LOVES puppies, just like Brother
Aaron


First time in a swim suit

And then these, as a bonus because he just loves her so
much! 

No comments:

Post a Comment