Sunday, May 6, 2018

OUR UTAH/CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE!

Our Whirlwind of a Utah/California trip!!!
Thursday (before we left): 
Maddix's 1st grade music performance was Awesome... especially when the kids were given kazoos!
I stayed up until 2am getting the house totally cleaned, and healthy snacks prepped for Travis and the boys who would be leaving that next night while Addie and I would be flying.

Friday: 
Adeline and I flew from Mason City to Minneapolis. Unfortunately, as we were landing I realized my next flight was already beginning to board!!! The pilot grabbed my bags and helped run me across part of the airport to a golf cart that was waiting to drive me to my terminal that was miles away! 
That driver got special permission to take a short cut! 
When I got to boarding I was missing a ticket for Addie but the worker helped me out while another one wheeled my luggage down to the VERY crowded plane! 
I would have never made that flight if it hadn't been for the kindness of all the ppl who helped me, and the tender mercies from the Lord. 
That night my sister and a friend came up to my dad's where we had a ball! Delicious dinner. Water chugging contest, push-up contest, running contest... we're not competitive at all... :D

Meanwhile Travis and the boys started their drive and spent the night in Kearney, Nebraska.

Saturday: 
Got to go on a morning run with my dad
Thanksgiving Point 
The boys and Travis rolled into town! 

Sunday: 
Adeline's Baby blessing was wonderful. 
When we walked in to the church I was overwhelmed by how many friends and family members were there! It was so wonderful to be able to catch up with everyone. 
Addie's blessing highlights: 
That she'd always be able to feel the ample love from her parents and brothers
That through her life people would always be able to see her light and know that she's a daughter of God. 
That night we ended up having a large F.H.E. at the park where we played a game of whiffle ball! 
Ended the night with a walk around the neighborhood with Vaughn

Monday: 
Woke up at 4am to start our journey to California!!! 
Went to breakfast at Ruby's
Played at the beach (Aaron and I stepped in Oil)
The boys got to long board with cousin Derek
We bird watched with Lee and his family
Enjoyed dinner and conversation with some of our Cali family

Tuesday: 
Disneyland!!!!! 
The crowds were insane. Awful. 
And it was supposed to be a "ghost town" that day. 
Dinner at Mexicasa. 
Boys fell asleep on the shuttle and we ended up carrying them to the room where they stayed asleep until the next morning. 

Wednesday: 
More Disneyland!!! 
Perfect weather. No crowds. Back on our game. 
We killed it. 
Ran into some friends. 
Travis's favorite ride: Haunted Mansion
Mine: Space Mountain
Maddix's: Space Mountain
Aaron: Guardian's of the Galaxy
Family Fav: Thunder Mountain Railroad
Family souvenirs: 
Travis- Rocket (Guardian's of the Galaxy) shirt
Me: Gamora shirt for the gym
Maddix: 80's style baseball game
Aaron: Mickey Mouse bubble wand
Adeline: sparkly pink Mini Mouse Ears! 

Thursday: 
We flew back to Utah where I was dropped off at BYU to attend my sister, Tayla's BYU Graduation! We are so proud of her. 
Cafe Rio Dinner while hanging out with the Bride and Groom to be. 

Friday: 
WEDDING DAY!!!!
We got to see Garett (Trav's youngest brother) marry his bestest friend, Gloria for all time and eternity in the Payson temple. It was a beautiful day, and we are beyond thrilled to welcome her to the family! 
We had the temple session in the morning, a wonderful luncheon at The Wall on BYU campus, and then a beyond gorgeous reception in the backyard of a family friend in Orem. 
Congratulations Garett and Gloria!!!!!! 

Saturday: 
We picked up a trailer and met up with a group of family to help us move my piano out of my gma's and into the trailer to bring home with us! 
Thank you Gpa and Gma Wells, Dad, Vaughn and Lori, and Simon and Porter for helping out with the Piano!!! We love you all! 
We rolled into Kearney around 1:30am with a wide awake baby!!! 

Sunday: 
Woke up LATE... enjoyed a nice breakfast and finished our drive home. It took much longer thanks to the slower speeds with the trailer, and getting distracted for an hour in Cheyenne... but we finally made it home Sunday evening to find.... SPRING IN MASON CITY!!!!!!!! 



The day before we left... THIS is how much snow we had


Maddix's 1st grade music performance

Meeting Grandpa for the first time
when he picked us up at the airport!

Water chugging contest

View from my morning run with my dad
(Let's blame the altitude for how badly I struggled)

 Thanksgiving Point with my Dad's crew

 Addie's blessing day


Lori made this beautiful dress. The bodess is
made with scraps from my wedding dress.
The bows are from my baptism dress.


 On our way to California! 
(Addie sat this vacation out and stayed with Gma Lori and Gma Donna)
Early morning plane watching

He was lookin' so ganster







Cousin Derek is the coolest







"Try the gray stuff, it's delicious!"


Safe to say, I know which of the boys
enjoyed himself the most ;)


They fell asleep on the shuttle and didn't
wake again until the next morning

In 2 days we walked almost 20 miles


We ate too many goodies!




My mom made sure to dress her in Mini
to support our days at Disney


Hanging out at Gma Donna's :)

About 10 mins into the drive after
returning back to Utah


Way to go Tayla for graduating from BYU!
We are so proud of you!


I actually had some color in my skin;
how i've missed it!

Grandma Lori made all these gorgeous little
dresses

It was a beautiful day for a wedding



We love U. Lee

The beautiful couple

Our Goodbye party; it never gets easier to
say goodbye

Our road in Wyoming

Maddix did this himself. Put her by him
and turned on a soccer game!

Her genuine reaction to Aaron!


We came home to Spring!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment