Sunday, June 17, 2018

Week 2 of no T.v.: CrUsHeD!

Maddix has this grand plan to make tons of money this summer, and surprisingly $5/week to obstain from T.V. has been the easiest! We are about to start our third week with only watching a Friday Family Movie night, and instead we've been filling our times with Harry Potter Audio books. 
Seriously, audio books are a glorious invention that I thank Heaven I have in my life! I Just finished And Then There Were None, and Jane Eyre on my one. And as a family we just finished Harry Potter number one and are about 3hrs off of accomplishing the second own; and I should say it's really just Maddix that has blown through them! He's incredible at listening to them. 
He and Aaron weeded in the garden for 1 1/2hrs last Monday while listening to the book while I mowed the lawn. When I came back, he was so excited to tell me they'd just finished the book. 

Aside from our tremendous love for books and reading now that none of us have school, we also have a great love for baseball. And with all these storms, we've been blessed that baseball games have been uninterrupted with only one complication. The games are a little hard for me to sit through between my sore tailbone, a bored baby, and annoying bugs... but I LOVE watching the boys play. And I LOVE that Travis has been making it to the games. 

This week we had the pleasure of having some friends over to play. 
We went to ZooMan! That's a real highlight for us here.
We got haircuts (Maddix requested to have his hair cut to look like his Uncle Garett)
Travis and I went on a date to Tai Bistro
I ran to the gym, did a rigorous workout and then ran home in the rain; and loved it. 
Had some really, REALLY trying parenting moments --> Ever feel like you're fighting a losing battle with your littles? 
We got to go to Clear Lake and have a Beach day with some friends. It was so windy that the water even crashed against the sandbar like the beaches we're used too. Little Addie was in her element. She is a water lover. Has a Beach bum soul. She just watched the waves and was completely at peace!  

~Father's Day~
Maddix was over the top excited to surprise Travis with the gift he gave him (Maddix bought a model firebird to paint and build together)
Aaron was SOoooOO excited to get to wrap his by himself (Art work and a Jeep Mug full of candy)
Addie didn't know what she got him, but she knows shed give her daddy anything because she LoVeS him (She bought him a new Mets cap) 
And I gave him a grill (that we actually purchased a month ago as an early summer gift) 

For breakfast we had sprinkled/strawberry buttermilk pancakes and bacon
At church I spoke about the blessings of the Priesthood in my life and instead called some of the important men in my life and asked for their memorable stories then shared them in my talk, which I feel went well. 
For dinner we made Travis beef enchiladas (his mom's recipe), spanish rice, and I tried my hand at homemade salsa (not bad). 
And I really put my skills to the test by making his Mom/Grandma's homemade chocolate sauce to go  on top of brownies and mint ice-cream; it was disgustingly good and I hadn't eaten sugar all week so it really did me in. 
Happy Father's Day, Trav! 
Too many good things to say about you. But you know them. 
And you know I'll always tell them to you. 
We love you! 


Aaron got mad and essentially exploded a bottle baby powder on
Maddix and in the entire room...



While getting haircuts, the car died.
Daddy came to save us quickly in between patients!
Thank you Travis! 


There were 700 people at this first show! 

Maddix was lucky enough to be
picked to receive "snake huggies;"
Which he later deemed had "turned his day right around!"







Multiple times this week Aaron has broken out in
hives and we can't figure out why.
The only thing that is apparent is that it's upon
contact when they keep happen?? 


While walking off our meal, we decided to put forth our best
modeling efforts; clearly we could be professionals ;) 

My Beach Baby!!!! 






What it means to be Daddy



THIS melted my heart.
I needed to see this moment happen on its own.
They've been rough this week. 


No comments:

Post a Comment