Sunday, November 4, 2018

Halloween, Addie turns "1," and the Gender Reveal all rolled into one post!

HALLOWEEN
This year Travis was off work early and was able to come trick-or-treating with us; hurray! I ran out of time to dress up at Trewlawny again, so instead I decided to rock this pregnant belly for all it's worth! For the sake of being politically correct, I have not costumer title... you can decide. 
The kids RAKED in the candy this year! I cannot believe how much candy they received in the hour we walked the streets! House after house kept letting them take several pieces to handfuls! And once again our sweet neighbors were waiting with specially made treats, just for us; we have the BEST neighbors! 
We got home LATE. Ate hotdog mummies LATE. And then for some reason Travis let the boys stay up LATER to watch part of Halloween town (Disney channel show we watched as kids), which was being broadcast online as a special for Halloween. 

ADDIE TURNS "1"!!!!!!!!!
I know it's cliche, but HOW HAS IT BEEN A YEAR?!
She is so funny. Equally as cute. Equally adorable. Equally smart. 
... And just a touch sassy :) 
She walks. Can say a small list of words. Eats food, but is picky. Throws her bottle more than she drinks it. Feeds the dog more than herself. 
Loves the bath. Still loves "her" BYU blanket. Loves to snuggle the dog, or our heads :P
She wants to see the world. Is less shy than she used to be. Has her bottom two and top two teeth, which allows her to flash the cheesiest squinty-eyed smiles. Is starting to respond to questions. Can follow some simple directions. 
Seriously, she is the light of this house! 

For her birthday we had strawberry pancakes for breakfast. 
Found out if she was getting a brother or a sister.
Opened presents (which she was quickly over).
Sang Happy birthday. 
And watched her demolish a cupcake; she didn't care for the frosting all over her hands. 
Then she went so sleep in some new pj's! 
Happy Birthday little Angel of ours! 

GENDER REVEAL FOR BABY #4
Our sweet friend watched the kids for us while Travis and I went in for our ultrasound. 
I'm not going to lie, I hadn't had a single inclination the who pregnancy as to whether it was a boy or girl; however, once during the pregnancy I had a vivid dream that we'd found out we were having a girl and we gave her a name. It took me most of the day before I realized it had only been a dream. 
Then a few days ago I told Travis, I don' know why but all of a sudden I feel like we're having a girl. I just can see a future where the boys share a room, the girls share a room, and in between there is a jack-n-jill bathroom. 
Sure enough, we saw our little girl on the screen. I teared up and cried a little; I've never had that reaction. I don't think I even knew how excited and happy I could be to find out our family was going to be an even split, but I am so happy. We all are... mostly. 
We purchased a black balloon with pink confetti inside. I hadn't even realized Aaron was hoping for a boy until we popped the balloon and Maddix began leaping for joy yelling, "It's a girl! It's a girl!" All of a sudden, Aaron was gone. I found him in with Travis, snuggled in his arms, crying away. He'd wanted a brother. He'd been wrong. :( 
He seems good with it now, or at least indifferent to it. He loves Addie, and thinks she is SO cute; I'm sure he'll feel the same way about the next baby sister. 
So here we are with plans to close out the baby adding phase of our life and we now know what the future looks like more concretely: Two boys. Two girls. And Addie and baby sister will only be one year apart in school; I love that. I love that she will have a best friend to whisper all her crushes to. And to cry to when her heart breaks. 
And I hope they love me when they're moody teen girls. I hope we get to form a special little Three Amiga's group and they don't write me off as their crazy, old, menopausal mother! 

And in other news, I was able to make it to the temple this month with my friend and it felt wonderful to follow Pres. Nelson's council to establish a regular attendance of the temple. A two hour drive shouldn't be enough to keep us from getting their regularly. 
On Saturday the family and I made it to the Mall of America where we visited the newly opened Adventure Bay/Paw Patrol Area! The boys LOVED it, and I'm sure we'll go back! We then had lunch at Ikea, and closed out the trip with a Costco run before driving home. 
This week flew by. Travis just told me his hours for next week, and it is going to FLY by. Then we're visiting Utah. Then the month is over and it's back to worse hours and no weekends off... boo. 
PLEASE make this month slow down! We're only 4 days in and I feel like it's already over!!!! 



Aaron and Travis did the Jake. Maddix free-handed
his Jack-o'-lantern. I painted Addie's white with Gold
sparkles. 


Halloween tradition. 

She loves her brothers
He wanted a cut like Beckham's son. Now he keeps say,
"I'm the son of Beckham!!" 



First ponytail!!!!
It fell out in minutes, BUT it was there! 
















19 weeks


He is getting so good!


He is getting so tall and looks like
a grown up little kid!!!! 
















No comments:

Post a Comment