Sunday, December 2, 2018

~Maddix's Baptism~

Maddix's Baptism Day! 

This started... late. 
Our drive to Utah was majorly slowed down by a storm that hit all along the i-80 in Wyoming. We had to hang around in Des Moines until 6:00pm because Travis was competing in a Medical Jeopardy (that was supposed to be the night before), and so we were already forced to drive straight through the night. 
By the time we reached Laramie, Wy we hit a blizzard that we eventually realized "we shouldn't be driving in this..." and they kept closing all the passes behind us and eventually, hours late, we rolled into Provo. 
Thankfully, we were able to move the baptism to later the evening and it was a wonderful baptism. 
Maddix chose his cousin, Keili to give the first talk on baptism. She. Was. SOO Cute. While she was so calm and composed her little feet gave her away. She kept twiddling them and you could tell she was nervous. 

Aaron was the first one to the glass to see his brother be baptized. Maddix was SO nervous, but he was so mature, and took in each moment. While he and Travis went to change, little cousin Brigham jumped up during the testimonies and declared it was his turn. He had a little paper that he'd "written his talk on," and he began singing, in the CUTEST little voice, "I love to see the temple." Ugh... heart melted. 
We have the cutest little cousins. 

When the boys returned I spoke on the Holy Ghost, and Maddix was so reverent as he listened to everything. He later said, "I usually like attention, but today I think that was too much attention from everyone." :) 

We snagged pictures and then went to dinner at Cafe Rio with a number of family members. And if that wasn't enough, Travis took Maddix with him to join Gpa Herb at the BYU football game... that started at 8:30pm... after driving 19hrs straight, through the night, and 8 of those hours were in a heavy storm! They made it 1/2 way through and then Maddix fell asleep in Gpa Herb's lap and they called it a night! 

I wish I could put into words how special the day was and now proud of Maddix I am, but I just can't convey the feeling we had, but it's everything I've always pictured and can't believe finally happened. 

G.Gpa Herb

G.Gma Eileen

Cousins! 


Gma Lori and Gpa Vaughn


Mackenzie and I met when I was 8 and she was 9;
I had just been baptized. Now our kids are that same age!

I love this family of mine! 


 


Utah is so beautiful.
I love to see the temple.
I love being at the temple with my family! 


What a wonderful talk she gave


Gpa's were his witnesses




Maddix has been talking about "G. Gpa Bob being at
his baptism for three solid years; it was very
important to him." 

This is indicative of their relationship


(As a follow-up, today at home we practiced our testimonies and Maddix bore his testimony on his baptism day. 
"I was really super nervous, but when we got in the water and I went under the water I felt this swelling in my heart and I felt happy and I knew I was forgiven for all my sins. And I felt so grateful to Jesus for making baptism possible so I can have the atonement." 
~My heart melted again~)

No comments:

Post a Comment