Sunday, February 24, 2019

"February higher still, to the parlor window sill...."

Never before have I understood the song from Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, where the women are all singing about a winter that never seems to end... until now! We thought that winter we were in Poland was long and cold? We thought storm Jonas, in New York, was a lot of snow??? (well I still think it was) This 2019 winter is by far the COLDEST, SNOWIEST, and is on its way to being the LONGEST winter we've EVER experienced!!!!! 
That being said, I'd much rather have this weather than be in the south, experiencing all the floods and tornadoes! 
We've even had a few days that have reached above 0, with the sun out, and so the boys have found it warm enough to play outside! And we'll take any outdoor time we can get!!!! 

~MoNdAy~
This was our last free snow day; now we get to make up all snow days to come by going to school into the summer! BOO!! 
Our morning started as if we were going to school. We got ready and went to the gym to play some basketball. Then the kids enjoyed the gym daycare (they seriously LOVE it) while I exercised. 
Back home we had some friends come over before lunch. 
They boys rode their sleds down our snow drifts/played out front during Addie's 2nd nap. 
The kids enjoyed a fun night with Dad in which they had Wendy's for dinner, finished the last chapter of Chronicles of Narnia then watched the movie and went to bed. 
Meanwhile, I enjoyed a night out of going to dinner and a movie. I had a great time, but pathetically, I think what made the night out even MORE awesome was that I was back home by 8:30! Ha Ha. I'm too pregnant to party late!! 

~TuEsDaY~
Travis was home early from work (I have loved his schedule these past two months), so I was able to leave Addie and go grocery shopping alone. I ended up face timing with my dad the whole time, and that was a fun way to pass one of my least favorite parts of being an adult: grocery shopping. 
We were able to hold both basketball practices and poor Adeline was so miserable by the end of the 2nd one, seeing as she once again didn't take her afternoon nap! 
And then another storm rolled in. 

~WeDnEsDaY~
Another snow day!!!!!!! 
Took the kids to play at the gym again and then came back to find Travis home. Clinic was cancelled due to weather, so he spent the morning with us. 
The afternoon was spent "cleaning our bad attitudes away." Meaning I asked them to simply help clean and it wasn't received well, so I kept adding on chores until they cleaned with a kind attitude. Then they enjoyed reading in their beds for a bit before Travis came home and we did Maddix's movie night: Wreck it Ralph 2 with popcorn. 
No Mutual or Scouts, due to the weather. 

~ThUrSdAy~
School back in; hallelujah! 
Sun was out! 
I got to the gym only to realize I only had ONE shoe! 
I did very little around the house this day because Adeline was too much fun to play with!
I was able to catch up with my sister, B, as well as my dad. 
Aaron played out in the snow after school. 
Maddix had piano.
Cleaned up the house, cartoons, Addie screamed at my leg the whole time I made dinner, then bedtime routines! 
Played Uno with Maddix. 
Read to the boys.
 Travis went to basketball and I did a stretching video because my back hurt so bad! 
Travis went out for sodas with the guys after. 

~FrIdAy~
This ended up being quite an interesting day!!!! 
I received a text from my friend, who is a News caster for our largest news station here, asking if I'd be willing to do an interview with her, regarding all this season's snow days.... umm... sure??
So I went swimming at the gym, showered, CLEANED and CLEANED, and then filmed an interview and enjoyed catching up with my friend until the boys returned home and then she interviewed them as well. 
For date night we had SO much fun (and a dash of embarrassment over my terrible level of play) going on a double date with some friends to play racquetball and then to dinner. I will DEFINITELY keep practicing for the next time we get together! 
Then Trav and I grabbed some ice cream and watched The Masked Singer; we love it!

~SaTuRdAY~
There was a major storm advisory rolling in, so basketball was cancelled, and we decided not to drive to Minneapolis, just in case the storm rolled in early. 
Travis took the boys to our hardware store to shop for parts to fix the leak in our tub, then the boys continued to help him (I loved watching them work together). 
After Addie's nap we took the kids (as it was lightly ice raining on and off) over to the sledding hill for the first time in our three years of living here. We arrived just as two of Maddix's friends were arriving as well, and all the kids had a GREAT time! 
HOWEVER.... Addie almost died!!!! Travis took her down on the saucer sled and the hill was MUCH faster/bumpier than planned... let's just say that I was yelling, "Oh no! My baby!!!" As Travis fell off the sled and did everything in his power to keep my bobbling little baby in his arms!! She was absolutely fine, but my heart stops just thinking about how close we were to having it be bad! 
Once everyone was exhausted and starving we went home for lunches, quiet times, naps, and a movie/dinner to end our last weekend with Travis before his schedule switches to awfulness for the months of March (boo). 
And then the storm REALLY started to hit!!! Travis ended up going and covering a few hours in the ER because the roads were closed to the West and the ER doc couldn't get into town!

~SuNdAy~
So. Much. Snow. 
Our new piles are 6ft tall. It took Travis 2hrs to shovel it all out. 
Church was cancelled. 
The wind is WHIPPING all the snow around outside, but the sun is out... so being inside isn't so bad!
We had a big warm breakfast. 
Built puzzles. 
Lunch/Come Follow Me. 
Watched lots of clips of people vacationing in Disneyland (pretending we're somewhere warm)
Called some family. 
And tonight we're going to watch Seven Brides for Seven Brothers because it seems appropriate for the weather we're currently experiencing! 







Learning how to make a rubber band gun


Her new hiding place



"We're famous!"
-shouted the boys

Exhausted from the cold, and awesome sledding







No comments:

Post a Comment