Wednesday, March 6, 2019

We got so sick of the weather, we threw ourselves down the stair! jk... that was just an accident!

 This past week was a series of lots going on… or absolutely nothing. 
Winter rages on! 

I was able to take the boys on a combine date because they both wanted to do the same thing: see the LEGO 2 movie; let me record how happy I am that I only had to sit through that movie once, and hopefully never again… it was mind numbingly awful; even Maddix wasn’t convinced. Aaron did love it for the record. 
And meanwhile Travis took a date with Adeline to pick up Taco Bell and then she sat his lap, eating her burrito, while they watched Beauty and the Beast; so cute!! 

The week was rough in that Adeline is now transitioning one afternoon nap, but is so tired by 10am that it’s hard to get her to last until noon. At which point she is hit or miss on whether she’ll only sleep 50min or do a full 3-hour nap!
She’s definitely the least consistent sleeper of my children. 

The weather has continued to drive us indoors. Two days in a row it was -9, with a Windchill that dropped the temp to -32… in March! 
But it looks like next week we’ll be reaching the 30’s! Sure, it’s supposed to rain and snow every one of those days, BUT the 30’s!!! That will be a REAL heatwave!! 

We had our last basketball practice.
I attended YW/ Maddix went to scouts
I attended a RS activity about organization and received a cleaning schedule that I’ve been trying out so that you keep up on the little jobs that turn into big annoyances, and I’m really loving it so far!
The boys LOVED my Friday movie choice: (the New) Yours Mine and Ours. 
Travis and I took a morning date and played racquetball together. 

~SATURDAY~
This day started out with Aaron’s last basketball game! Hurray! 
We decided to get together with some friends before Maddix’s last game and Travis’s night shift. The whole time I was nervous with Addie learning the stairs, but Travis kept saying, “It’s fine… she’ll be fine… baby’s fall down stairs all the time…” 
Of course, this only made me more anxious. They were long, straight stairs that I didn’t love! 
(disclaimer: She should know how to use stairs at this point, yes, BUT we don’t have stairs. We don’t go anywhere with stairs… so how is she supposed to learn?!) 

Anyway, we had a great time, no accidents. Just as we were leaving, the boys and I were by the front door (which is also where the stairs are), getting our shoes on, when Addie came over to see us. She got just too close to the top, stepped right off the top step and fell. I instinctively leapt up to go after her, tripped over Maddix’s leg, and went down the stairs myself. 
I full rolled a few times, almost sure that at one point I crushed Adeline as I rolled. 
She and I stopped after falling down probably 8-10 stairs, and we were rattled. 
With zero time to spare, and my trying not to cry, we rushed out of the house: Travis on his way to work, and me with all three kids on the way to coach Maddix’s game, by myself, now a wreck, and an Addie screaming at me. 

Needless to say, the game wasn’t great. The other team crushed us. Parent’s weren’t impressed. Addie wouldn’t let go of me the whole game. I began contracting pretty hard. And Aaron… well he really did his best to focus. 

Back home Travis called and we agreed that I needed to go to the E.R. to get checked out. So I got the kids ready and into bed, my wonderful neighbor came over, and I went over for a four hour observation. 
At first we were all convinced I wouldn’t be going home and that the baby was coming because my contractions were so strong and only 2-4 mins apart; however, when the Dr. came in and checked, I wasn’t dilating… thanks HEAVENS! Travis came in and out to sit with me, and I ate all the hospital ice I could get my hands on! 
I was feeling relaxed and ready to go, until they came in and did the ultrasound before letting me go. Travis and the doctor both stopped talking and I could tell they saw something new. Apparently, baby girl is no longer head down, but is now transverse. So we discussed the possibility of having a C-section, contacting the Dr. who specializes in turning the baby, and all that fun stuff… boo. 
But overall, baby was looking good. Adeline was surprisingly unharmed and just fine! And for me, I landed on my shoulder (which was already sore from another injury), wrist, and hip.. but am fine too. 

So then Sunday I was told to stay down the whole day, so we watched lots of Sunday movies, and did nothing…. Yep, that was the day, lol. But the kids were good… stir crazy, but good. 

How I felt watching the Lego 2 movie... 
Love. Love. Love.

Our 2019 teams
(minus me from Maddix's team photo; I stayed home with a
sick Adeline that day)

And it's March... I'm so over this
weather



Aaron's building he insisted on taking a pic of

And then his next photo (out of like 100 of them)
that he sneakily took later

So ornery from lack of naps! 



Wednesday's little side cleaning job: Clean off papers/desks

Our unconventional date night during my 4-hour observations stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment