Sunday, June 9, 2019

End of School Year/ First Week of Summer Break

End of school year included: 
An all school picnic 
A 2nd grade pet show
Homemade German dinner
Some walks trying to get my friend's baby to come
Travis's Residency farewell dinner party with his classmates! 


Summer Break!!!!!! 
Day 1: Off to a great start! 
-Completed our first day of our summer chore charts.
- Rode bikes/played beyblades at Roosevelt park with friends
-Cartoon and lunch
-Played out front, then the boys earned some i-pad time on a blanket out front. 
-All played at the counter to be with me while I made dinner. 
Baseball.
Travis let the boys stay up late to play. more. beyblades

Day 2:
-Went to the gym because Aaron really wanted to play in the daycare. 
-Went to East Park with friends.
-During naps, just after lunch I dumped loads of laundry out and we all sorted while watching a movie.
-Back outside to play, Aaron took a good spill off his bike. Ended up in bed with icepacks, and fell asleep; poor boy! 
-Addie had a "dirty" diaper that made her pants look like she'd shoved a toy down her pants! She came in laughing, "Eww, Steen-tee!" or stinky. 
-When he woke up he was too sad and sore to attempt baseball, so we took the night off. 
Instead we finished the second half of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. I went and picked up ice-cream, and then while Maddix went to scouts, I went and walked the neighborhood with my friend again, just trying to get her stubborn 6-day overdue little boy to come out! 
-Started The Hunger Games on audio book. 

Day 3: 
-Aaron requested we make a large breakfast! He made us whole wheat English muffins, with cream cheese and a special fruit design on each of our muffins. Then we also had smoothies. Eggs. And fruit. 
-Played at East Park again; there is a sandbox there with a really high wall that makes it easier to trap Addie in while I hold Avery and the boys run around. 
-Boys folded laundry again while watching a cartoon, and I went out to mow the lawn. 
-Baseball.
-The neighbors congregated in our front yard and we enjoyed a summer night chat while the boys rode their bikes around. 
-Late night grocery run. 
-Feeding Avery while watching Parks & Rec

Day 4: 
-Aspen and Millie came over for the morning because..... Natalie FINALLY had her baby! 
-While I was feeding Avery, Addie fell backwards off the bed and down onto her head! She cried so hard that she cried herself to sleep on my lap, and ended up taking an early nap :(
-I had a sitter come over to be with the girls while I took the boys to the swimming pool, as a rewards for being SUCH big helpers and doing chores with minimal complaints! 
At the pool Maddix ran off with a group of friends he ran into, and then it was just me and Aaron. We were having a great time, until he found some little friends and ran off with them. I had this moment, while sitting all alone in the kiddie area of, "when the heck did I become obsolete??" Thankfully Aaron did come back with me, and on the way home Maddix apologized for not spending more time with us. Why are they getting so big!? 
-Addie's movie night pick: Princess and the Frog; Aaron even made the old fashioned popcorn, all by himself! We all snuggled together, and I finally got my time in with the boys I'd been hoping for! 

Day 5: 
-We had another friend's two little boys over (Addie's age, and 6mo. old). While eating breakfast, I turned to Maddix and said, "You know, we have 6 kids here right now. If we added one more that would be how many kids Gma Janet raised every day; could you imagine?! You and Aaron would be in charge of changing LOTS of diapers!" 
-After they left, Maddix went to ball practice, Aaron took a quiet time, and the girls both were napping, so I was able to fight back my super dirty kitchen! 
-To end the night, we fit in an hour of play over at our friend's house before heading home to watch How To Train Your Dragon 3. 

~ Bring on Week Two of Summer Break! ~ 


played down, chewed her yucky corner, and fell asleep


Look at that CHUB!!



First and Last Days of school! 


My mini chef!!

Invited Susan and Glenn over to view all our Europe pictures;
it was so fun to re-live all those stories with an audience
who hasn't heard it all a million times! 

I love having time for large healthy breakfasts
again! 

Cheering on the brother... when she wasn't whining

LOVE having girls!!

Graduation!

Sending Daddy a Sunday pic since he can't be around
this month... back to long days!

THIS BALLOON!!
This balloon came to us from Gma Lori, back when Avery was born.
It floated into the garage and lived there for 9 weeks before its escape.
A lot happened over the course of those 9 weeks.
We will miss you "Balloonie!" 



Finally got Addie shoes that will fit! Bonus, they're from Walmart
so they were dirt cheap!! 

Follow the Addie Leader

Thanks Residency Family!
I can't believe it's time to part ways and move on! 





Army Man, with his bow and arrow


L to r: Levi, (don't know boy in Gray), Will, (Don't know the boy in salmon),
Sylas, and Maddix... and Nala, of course. 





No comments:

Post a Comment