Sunday, June 16, 2019

Summer Break, Week 2: Less Impressive!

"The Honeymoon phase is over..." 
The joy, happiness, and kindness we had first week of summer break is dwindling. 
I tell the boys constantly to behave properly because their sisters are learning from them. 
I tell the boys constantly to not let other's choices effect their attitudes. 
I tell them to stay positive, even when others aren't.
And I tell them to take breaths and calm down;
that no matter what, you're capable of calming yourself down.

This week 2 was less than impressive... because of me. 
At first I wanted to write how they really gave me a headache this week;
how they fought me on chores,
complained and whined, and picked on each other, 
but that would be unfair. Because if I'm being honest, they were just following my example...
down to the not being able to calm myself down. 

So while this week was less than pleasant, we still had great moments, and like I always tell my kids," focus on the positives; we don't have bad days, just bad moments." 

Monday:
We had our first tennis lessons 
Played at West Park with friends 
YMCA (Maddix read Harry Potter the whole time)
TONS of laundry
Aaron's baseball game

Tuesday:
Tennis lessons were moved to East Park
YMCA
The day spiraled into chaos... 
and thank goodness, baseball ended up cancelled because of the rain

Wednesday:
Only stayed 10 mins for lessons before rushing off to... 
ZOO MAN, at the library! And we were in the front row, which meant the boys were called on/got to touch all the animals.
Susan came over to sit with the boys while I ran to grocery stores; she even did my laundry!
Rushed the boys to their FIRST group lesson; Aaron loved it.
Maddix's ball game (he hit left handed, and caught a ball for the out while playing catcher)
Semi better attitude day, with Gorgeous weather.

Thursday:
Tennis lessons
playdate at the Jone's; one of our last
Maddix's baseball game
Travis went to basketball (took a painful elbow to the chest)
Went for an end of night walk with Natalie

Friday:
Took it easy; poor Maddix's allergies were just awful!
Trav's movie night: Over The Hedge
Pizza and ice cream night

Saturday:
Travis and Talon Jones drove to Welch Village, in Minnesota, and mountain biked the morning away. They then made a Costco run for us, enjoyed some lunch, and made it home in the late afternoon.
Meanwhile, Maddix had a real life "sandlot experience." He and some friends went to the ball fields and got to just play around. They got so hyped up, they even took off their shirts. 
While they played, with no parental instructions, Aaron did long laps around the fields on his scooter. Addie ran around. And Avery slept; she is the BEST baby! 

Sunday:
~FATHER'S DAY~
Sprinkled pancakes, eggs, bacon, and orange juice
Church 
Presents and lunch
Cafe Rio prep... all day!
Brownies and F.H.E.
Kids to bed, and Travis and I watched Captain Marvel



Got picked as a volunteer, two years in a row






Father's Day morning, from his lovely little ladies


Aaron's puppy pirate ship

Team Captain turn

One Years difference


15 foot python


His turn as catcher

Tennis lessons, with Nate




their costco lunch date





Only a few more days to play with Lila before they move

What a typically morning looks like for us

This sums up much of her mischief these days

L to R: Will, Lucas, Sylas, and Maddix







Homemade Cafe rio. Travis and I switched roles.
This time he prepped the meat while I made the
Salsa and Guacamole. 




No comments:

Post a Comment