Friday, February 28, 2020

The Letter of the week, is "P"

As I reflect on this past week... well, the past two weeks actually, all our major moments seem to have something in common: they all started with the letter "P." 

The first and most amazing of our "P" experiences is just as it sounds... PEE! 
I finally bit the bullet, dug deep, buckled down, and every other idiom you can think of and BEGAN POTTY TRAINING ADELINE! 
She is uh-MAZING! 
I decided to research different methods because my previous two attempts were NOT my favorite experiences. I found this Three Day Potty Training Boot Camp, so I cleared our schedules and we stayed home and every 15-30 mins I took Addie to the bathroom while she went pantless for those days :D She picked up on it right away. And now we're back in public and she's yet to have an accident outside the home, and when she is home, her accidents are minimal. 
I don't know how much of this positive experience is due to being
properly educated with a plan, and how much is Addie;
either way, can I get a 
"Hallelujah!" 

PaRtY 
Last week we decided to host a little viewing party for Frozen 2 since Adeline's entire existence is wrapped up in those movies and songs. And then it quickly turned into a larger get together (20ish kids and several adults), full of girls in princess dresses, boys bounding around the house, a face painting station, nail painting, Frozen karaoke, Disco ball, Frozen themed decor/snacks, video games (for the boys in the other room), and a sing-a-long movie for everyone to enjoy! 
It. Was. So. Fun. 
Best Part: hearing Addie giggle infectiously as she was overwhelmed with joy over the event.
Frozen everything + friends, just as into the movie as you= pure unbeatable happiness! 
P.s. Another "P" moment: PIANO.... Travis purchased a Frozen 2 book of music so I learn to play the songs and not have to sing them 22,000 times a day :)

Physical Health
I've been consistently making it to the gym at 5am for the past two months now and I'm so happy to say I'm feeling the benefits! I have a really bad back (thank you 3 broken tailbones) so when I don't keep my core and arms strong, I'm just in pain. But I'm pleased to report that I can actually lay on the floor with my kids, wrestle, and roll around without paying for it afterward. 
I've also been food prepping again, and I love how good I feel when everything I eat fuels my body... now that being said tonight I ate two servings of cookies and a rootbeer float...*hand to forehead*... So I obviously still enjoy my fair share of treats! 
And then I've also been going to occupational therapy twice a week since the start of the year to help with my fingers.

pLaNnInG
This winter has been magnificent as far we weather is concerned! 
I can't even tell you how often my breath is taken away when I look out the window and see patches of grass! Grass... in February! 
And this joy over the weather just has me ITCHING for Spring!! So I've decided to skip right over St. Patrick's day this year and go straight for Easter decorating. I've also sat down and basically outlined our entire summer so that there isn't a minute wasted inside on cleaning, screen time, or anything else! 
Bring on the sunshine!! 

Public Outings
As I mentioned above, now that Addie is in big girl undies and pants, we've taken this past week to get outside and enjoy life outside the walls of our home. We took a walk the other day; it was 19 degrees, but felt like 8... but it was the THING we wanted to do. And before you go thinking I'm a bad mom, just know my girls were bundled in winter clothing and blankets while our garbage man (who rides on the back of the garbage truck, the outside) was only in a hoodie. 
We took a morning and went to the library to play and read books. We took another day and walked through Hobby Lobby; the girls were SO good while i messed with different flower arrangements and vases and basically us three girls were in shopping heaven. Another morning we met up with some friends at the church so the kids could run around and play (it was super cold that day). 

~PuPpY~
And last but not least: Our puppy will be coming home Sunday (today)! And life as we know it is about to change! 

















Princess Alena is a new favorite in our household


I LOVE my new wildflower arrangement
for our master bathroom

All the makings of a spa night!

This is a shelf I want to hang above my tub









No comments:

Post a Comment