Saturday, February 1, 2020

Breeding ground for illnesses

I was telling Travis how I just don't remember my siblings and I EVER getting hammered with illness after illness they way our kids do, and we weren't even a super healthy family by any means. And I feed my children lots of balanced meals, hot breakfasts, plenty of water, early bedtimes, exercise, down time, love, etc... so WHY do seem to always be sick?!? 

He so wisely pointed out that here in Mason, we have the heaters running for more months of the year. We have far fewer buildings for people to be stuck inside together. The people here (no offense) don't live as healthy life styles as people out West (and in some respects, how could they? It's too dang cold). So it makes Mason city a breeding ground for illnesses. He then reminded me that in 4 years we can move somewhere else (and I was like, "you mean when the kids are bigger and we've already spent the little years in the area that breeds so much sickness?! Okay, well thanks).

If you remember my previous posts, we were sick for all of October and part of November. We got better a day before my hand was crushed by the piano. My hand then healed enough to handle the flu that invaded our home the beginning of January. And now sore throats are creeping in, BUT so far we've been fighting back another full blown illness. Gah!

Highlight in all this was last Weekend's adventures. Friday was Addie's movie night, and she chose Beauty and the Beast. In honor of the movie, we made "the grey stuff;" It's a disneyland dessert that is to die for! Then we were able to have our little nanny-in-training and her sister come spend Friday night and then hang out Saturday. Another one of the little young women came over and we took them and all our kids sledding; it was SO much fun!
Afterward the girls hung out and babysat the kiddos while Travis and I went to the gym, late lunch, and ran some errands. I then took the girls home where they got to have a fun sleep over, and Travis and I ended the night with a movie. It was a lot of fun.






so so yummy

Aaron likes to sled on the snow piles in the middle of our culdasac 

He's my little winter lover

No comments:

Post a Comment