Sunday, December 6, 2020

I’ll be home for Christmas ... (because of COVID!)

 I am so excited for Christmas this year!.... like I am every year. And why wouldn’t I be?! It carries such a magical feeling in the decorations, and a joy each time you witness/are apart of some sort of service. You reach out or hear from those you normally don’t. And I love ALL our Holiday traditions!!! 

This year we ended up starting the Christmas season off with Home Alone as our first Christmas movie (Aaron’s movie night choice; it was perfect)! 

And with our home all decked out from the inside to the outside of the house, we are in full-blown Christmas mode over here! 

And as I’ve said before, I wake up and look around my home and think, “I’m so grateful that 8years ago, I went along with  Travis on this crazy scary adventure  to Poland, and Louisiana, and New York, and Iowa, and began some of the hardest years of my life! Because the payoff even so far has been more than my heart can contain at times (and I’m talking more of the quality time we spend together, the experiences he’s finally around to have with our kids, our families, the help he gives around the home, etc. not just the bigger home or things like that). 

I can relate this little moment to my overall life. We’ve been out here to go through our mortality, and just because we are good people doesn’t mean we will avoid the pitfalls this life will put before us, but it does mean the payoff will be WELL WORTH IT! 












I also have to record that I detest the elf on the shelf. I’ve fought it every year and just use this little guy as a decoration, BUT Maddix and Aaron are determined that it’s a real thing. Maddix said, “he’s as real as Santa.” How do I argue with that? 
So I’ve moved it a few times, and Aaron got freaked out and taped it down VERY well so “this little devil who knows too much can’t get back to report to Santa!!” I’ve been dying over the craziness they’ve been causing with this dang Elf; also, they named him Bluetooth! 
Merry Christmas beginnings! 











No comments:

Post a Comment