Sunday, May 9, 2021

Spring (back into life)

Life is an adventure! 
Right now it takes us to and from practices/lessons/games each night if the week. Travel ball Tournaments on the weekends. Church callings. And our landscaping project. I’m in a constant state of frazzlement (the use of that non-word is just an example to illustrate my point). For example, we had city league ball games the other night and I showed up to the field with only one of my boys, although both boys had games ...). 
However, I’d be a complete wreck if I didn’t have travis as my partner and best friend in all this. I really don’t know how he does everything he has too and then has energy to help me when I’m falling behind. I love that we can dig deep and work hard together. I love that we can sit on the porch swing in peaceful silence together. I love that he enjoys spending all his free time with me and the kids, but that when the kids happen to be away or down for quiet times we are just best friends who can’t wait to spend time together. 
It’s not perfect, and it’s a constant roller coaster of working hard to put God, each other, and our family first... getting to a good spot... slacking.... getting out of sync... and then having steps backwards... then re-centering our focus... and becoming closer. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. 
Marriage, family, life... it’s hard work. 
But it’s so worth it.I can’t imagine anything more worthwhile I could be doing with my time. And I’m grateful to those who DO allocate their lives in different ways so that I can live the way I do. 
This Mother’s Day I’ve been spoiled with lots of homemade gifts, loves, attention, space, food, flowers, messages, etc. and it makes me grateful, so grateful for he opportunity to be called mom. 
Even if that means spending several hours a day driving to and from activities, sitting through FREEZING rainy baseball games, spending time as their soccer coach, scrubbing puke out of carpet, bending over while pushing a bike around, reading books instead of getting cleaning done, and everything that goes into my days as a mom! 































































 

No comments:

Post a Comment