Sunday, April 24, 2022

~The Month of March~




























































 Life has been moving at a slower clip this month. It’s been both nice and difficult. Slower days with Travis and the boys are a dream after last year’s never ending tasks and events. Long slower days with the girls…? Well that is an entirely different story. Bored toddlers wreak havoc on homes! And bored, smart little girls are handfuls! 

And while it’s been slow and cold (aside from Spring break, which was in the 60’s!), we’ve actually been doing a lot still. So it will be easier to break it down by person. 

 Travis: This man has settled into a new morning routine, and I’ve been so proud of him. He now has a goal to compete in an Half Iron Man this October and has began a workout plan that has him doing two workouts a day. He just completed a biking series with a guy he really enjoyed listening to while biking in the setting of Hawaii. He’s having the boys join him some nights for lifting. He loves playing video games with the boys. He reads to the girls, always Tickle Monster; at their request. He is currently reading The Boys in The Boat to the boys and I some nights. He went on a date with Maddix to a Mexican restaurant yesterday and then went to a biking store together afterwards. He takes the boys to The Yard to practice baseball. On the weekends he steps right into the kitchen and helps cook and clean, without being asked or acting like it’s a hassle at all. He took me on a date to get ice cream and then we watched a movie. He drew up some dream house plans that we’ve been drooling over this month. He went in as a guest teacher to the Young Men’s activity at our church and taught them about what it’s like to be a doctor, and what it took to get there! He finished watching the Lord of The Rings series with Maddix and they started Zorro. He’s been tuning up our mountain bikes for this coming season, and decided that I need to get into road biking with him and “pimped out my ride” so I’d be good to train with him. He enjoyed watching his Uncle be promoted to a one star general over the Utah army. He broke down and bought all the supplies needed to recreate the shaved ice we ate in Hawaii. Then he planned out and took us on a trip to the Wisconsin Dells over Spring Break. And even made time to make it over after work to see Susan on the day of Glenn’s funeral because he felt so bad about not being able to get work off to attend. 

Lacey: I completed an 8 week program I’ve enjoyed on so many levels. It was an all around wellness improvement program. It was an intensive learning course in nutritional health. Mental well being. Meditation. How to weight lift. Positive affirmations. Etc. I loved it so much that signed up fir the year continuation. On top of that I also started training for a few half marathons I had coming up, then plans changed and now I’m not training and it will be at the end of the summer. So physically I feel healthier than I’ve felt in a long time. Including my back pain being so low since my surgery. I’ve been really enjoying my Young Women’s calling; those girls are amazing. We’ve been doing a few activities at the house and it’s been fun watching the girls feel more comfortable and get to know each other and open up. The girls and I run a three ring circus each day. We do an exercise hour together every morning and Addie is an AWESOME workout Buddy! The dogs join in as well. The girls and I have enjoyed some trips to the library, a few get together with friends, and I’ve enjoyed a few movie nights with the ladies. But most of all I just enjoyed spending as much time as I can get with Travis! And don’t get me wrong… I love the time with my kids as well. 

Maddix: this kid is gearing back into all his Spring activities. He’s got city baseball starting back up. He does a private soccer lesson on Mondays, and then has soccer practice for his travel team twice a week. He has YM’s on Wednesdays, which is his favorite. He has loved honor choir, especially his multi choir performance down in Algona. He loves practicing piano and has  piano lessons once a week; he’s getting quite good (I’m a biased mom, of course). He chose to do his date with dad this month and they went out for Mexican food and shopping for bike parts. He said they day at the Wisconsin Dells was the BEST day of his whole life. He’s really enjoyed the nights when Travis comes in at bedtime and reads The Boys in the Boat; they just finished. He’s very creative, competitive, driven, and bright. He LOVES using his points to stay up late and watch a pg-13 movie with mom and dad. And the biggest thing for him right now is receiving and extremely exclusive invitation to a summer camp for… essentially the future brains of America; it’s such an accomplishment. And the best part is, he was nominated by a teacher that he’s really struggled with this year; I think that meant even more!! Wow, he’s awesome. And of course… he’s 11, so he’s a bit sarcastic, and button pushing at time; however, overall we are so lucky that he’s such a great boy. 

Aaron: oh this kid. He’s… messy! Unmotivated to accomplish jobs that can wait until tomorrow. He’s a dreamer. Gets lost in his games. Loves art. Is kind to everyone around him (outside the home… his siblings have to be on their toes at times!) . He loves life. Sees the glass half full. And recently told me, “you know I really don’t like school, or baseball, or anything that gets in the way of my free time really.” He truly is my free-soul! Lol. But he’s also bright, wickedly inventive, loyal, funny, snuggly, hyper, loud, and excited about about life. He loves riding his bike! He’s recently gotten into reading. Also drawing comics. He was GLOWING to participate in his school’s Spring musical! He picked the same outfit Maddix had worn for his performance and sang his HEART OUT! He played his recorder and we all just loved watching him be proud of himself. We went out for ice cream after. He also loved the Wisconsin Dells! 

Adeline: oh I love this girl. She had her first kiss at school and when I told her to keep her kisses special she said, “he was a special boy…” with dreamy eyes! She also has a “best friend at achool” named Sophia. And depending on the mood Sophia is in each day Addie leaves school happy or completely sad because Sophia said she didn’t want to be friends that day. Addies’s most favorite things she’s done, and the number one thing she’s waited months to do, was go on our big kid family biking trip to Arkansas! But I’ll be posting about that trip separately! She loves trips to the library, summer clothing (and is so frustrated it hasn’t been warm enough… except for at Wisconsin Dells; that was her favorite part!). This kid is the BEST workout Buddy! She will seriously stay on the treadmill up to 35mins and then hop off and punch the bag, lift weights, stretch, etc. up to the full hour that we work out. She is a genius and can figure out any puzzle I’ve put in front of her. She adores playing with her siblings, but her favorite thing is to ride her bike around our culdasac! 

Avery: We’ve graduated her from “critter” to “gremlin.” She tends to get into everything and breaks most the things she gets into! She is super into art. She pretends to be in school and will tel you her “teachers taught me this” for everything she’s learning.” She loves the library; especially the DVD’s that she can check out. She loves when Sydney comes to babysit. Music is her passion. She is an INCREDIBLE singer. Loves the piano. And dances all the time. She’s my shadow. She’s over the top snuggly and the BEST person to take a nap with! She wants so badly to be big like her siblings, but has also hit that Thrashing three stage where she melts down over everything! She loves puppies. She is heart broken every time I leave her and she isn’t with me. She loves to be my “helper.” She loves to dress up and tells us, “my name is not Avery anymore, I’m …” and then she tells the name of whomever she is dressed up to be. She had the loveliest little Unicorn birthday. She was so excited about the balloons and all of it! She wore her hair “ like a unicorn.” She had unicorn pancakes, played at the mall. Snuggled. Had corn dogs. Had unicorn ice cream cake. And more, but I’ve forgotten. 


No comments:

Post a Comment