Sunday, February 27, 2022

SoOo sick of sick

 We had a five day weekend last weekend and I spent every day of it knocked off my feet sick. The girls were both sick as well. Aaron stepped up Monday morning and woke up with the girls, made them French toast, included “protein carrots,” and even cleaned up the mess! I couldn’t even get out of bed until almost 10:00am! 

Travis and Maddix began lifting weights in the evenings. 

Maddix and I had mutual, and Aaron had activity days, so travis actually had an evening with just the girls and then a quick minute to play video games by himself. 

Thursday we had a bunch of snow come. Aaron had his friend, Kaleb come over for an hour and then I took them both to the school skate night. This resulted in them spending tons of money on tokens, purchasing pure sugar for dinner, and then finally skating for all of ten minutes before they ran to cash in all the tickets and head home! I’m so glad they had fun. 

Friday night travis and I took the boys out to the Stebbens Children Theater to see Chronicles of Narnia with a friend and her daughter, who will be moving soon. 

Saturday Travis and Maddix went out to play ball in the morning. Aaron had a friend come into town to spend the night. Travis and I ran errands and purchased a stand up freezer for our food storage! Hello easy to rotate freezer food! Goodbye freezer chest! Then the boys played video games. Then they started a late movie with giant bowls of popcorn while travis and I laid blankets and pillows in front of the fire and watched the iPad for our date night. 

Today was so nice. The sun was out. There was finally some warmth. Church was wonderful and uplifting. We had quiet times and set up the freezer. Susan came over to catch up. Then we got invited to the Broadhead’s for homemade ice cream. They both served their missions in Russia and I enjoyed our conversations and their insights to Russia in regards to this Ukrainian situation. It’s just so sad what is happening. 

My heart is aching for the turmoils of the world and those who suffer (especially children). I cannot do all the good in the world, but I can give the world my good! I can love my family. Care for those in my community. Serve the members I go to church with. Pray for those I can’t reach. And I can thank God for all the good in my life. We need to see the good. When we are actively finding the good around us, we start to realize just how much food is out there! 

… The End 














No comments:

Post a Comment