Monday, September 10, 2012

Two Weeks & Two Days Left In Utah

I've been finding that as the summer has rolled to the end, I'm finding myself more and more exhausted from all of our activities. And you have to admit, we've done quite a bit of playing:) This week was a little slower, but not by much

Monday the 4th: Was labor day and we celebrated it by sending me to work. That night we had a little barbeque and just took it easy at the Johnson home.

Tuesday the 5th: Trav's sister came over to work on Keili's Halloween costume and while they were there we put Maddix down for a nap and enjoyed running some errands together. Then that night I went for a run with my dad and sister and ended up hurting my foot :( ...But look how cute her little Rapunzel (Tangled) dress is turning out?!
Wednesday the 5th: Travis put his foot down and was tired of waiting for all the doctor's to get back to him about doing his last rotation so he gathered Maddix and I into the car and we went knocking down doors. He found some success in Springville with a family doctor. To thank us for coming he took Maddix and I a jamba juice and then that night I went to work.

Thursday the 6th: Was so much fun. Lori was home from work so she offered to babysit while Travis and I went to Salt Lake and did our first Live Endowment Session.
When we got there we found out the sessions were only once every hour and we'd just missed the 10am by 10mins! So we went across the street to the Church's History Library, took a tour, and watched a movie before going back and doing the 11am session. On the way home we stopped at this little German bakery and bought everyone some TASTY pastries!

Luckily for Travis when we came home his NEW toy showed up; he got an i-pad 2 for school (and I'm excited to have it for the flight back in a few weeks). While he set it all up Maddix, Nala, and I went and played out back, then it started to rain so we came in and got Maddix acquainted with the i-pad 2. 
He did this then yelled, "mom I crazy! I do it again!" At which point I had to come out and snap some pictures:)

Getting him used to headphones for the flight home
Picture doesn't do it justice, but it was just beautiful after the rain!
Friday the 7th: Maddix and I took the morning easy because he wasn't feeling well and neither was I. My foot was still hurting so we just stayed home cleaned, played the piano, played Hide 'n' seek with Nala, took a bath, and then went for a walk around the block. I also noticed that Maddix had been stung on his ear while we were at the Temple!
This is right after his bath. See his poor ear?!

He LOVES Hercules!
 Saturday the 8th: Well, this was one of my favorite days of the week :) I went to work that morning (after not getting to go on our weekly morning run because of my stupid foot :( Darn ) and had some of the nicest Saturday customers that I've ever had... bizarre for a Sat if you only knew. Then as soon as I got off I ran home and picked Travis up for my Grandpa's surprise 70th B-day party at Los Hermanos!




 Then the waitress made a wise crack at my Uncle Matt about needing a bib and really brought one :)

So we made him wear it! Until I spilled my dinner all over me and was then forced to wear the Bib of Shame:
Well It was a pretty fun night with these people
Sunday the 9th: While we were in between classes at church on Sunday, Travis and I were walking through the hall and we heard a loud, "NO!" We peaked through the window into nursery and saw Maddix sitting in a circle with the other kids and he was trying to take the cellphone toy from the boy next to him. When the kid wouldn't give it to him Maddix punched him in the arm, at which point the boy punched him back. They were going to get into until the teacher said okay fold arms for prayer, and just like that they flipped forward, arms folded, and completely reverent. Oh boy.

That night we took the jeep (top off) to my grandparents and when we got there Maddix's hair was classic. It provided laughs all around when we walked in. Then that night he entertained everyone by doing summersaults all down my grandma's mini hill :) Remember that one day Trav and I took Maddix and Keili to the park and Travis showed them how do roll down the hill? Well that's where Maddix got it from and he's quite good at him now!

And that was our week. Only two more to go!



No comments:

Post a Comment