Sunday, September 2, 2012

Pictureless.... Almost

I can't believe how much time has been going by and I haven't been grabbing my camera to take pictures. It's sad too because I KNOW this last week has had a lot of memorable events that I can't even remember... so here's my best try:

A Highlight for Each Day:
  • Monday the 27th: I started the morning out with a hike to Stewart Falls with my friend, Whitney from work. We had the most bizarre animal sightings on that trip, and the leaves were already turning red and orange! Later we had dessert with my Uncle Scott, and then ended the night with Hunger Games
  • Tuesday the 28th: Travis and I picked up lunch at Cafe Rio before he went roofing. Then Maddix and I went over to my mom's and we worked on a blanket for Maddix to take with us to Poland, helped make dinner, and then went on a 4.5 mile run with my dad; and we ran it faster than we've been doing it in.Then that night Travis and I finished the Hunger games because we fell asleep the night before.
  • Wednesday the 29th: Drawing a blank... I just remembered! We took my niece, Keili and Maddix over to the park where we ran them ragged. They played on the equipment, swung on the swings, and then we had them run across this really long field and up a hill where we then spent a bit of time watching them run up and down the hill, over and over until they couldn't move anymore... and consequently we had to carry them home:) You can guess, and you'd be right, that they took a VERY nice nap when we got home. To top it off I had a really nice night at work.
  • Thursday the 30th: We had the opportunity of going to dinner at Brick Oven with Travis' Grandpa, his game chum, and Travis' father. We arrived early, put our names on the extremely long waiting list (due to the first BYU game) and went for a walk on BYU's beautiful new trail they finished building. At dinner Cosmo was there signing autographs, taking pictures, and mingling when we walked passed him. He tried to give Maddix a high five but Maddix just shook like a chihuahua and began to scream. Everyone around him just laughed at his reaction. After dinner we sent Maddix home with my F.I.L and drove out to a friends house in Lehi where we had a game and dessert night. 
  • Friday the 31st: In the morning Travis and I brushed Nala for a good 30mins in which we gained a garbage bag full of fur, all the while Maddix ran in and out of the house getting fur all over him:) Then a little bit later my good friend Michelle Heaton, who's recently returned from Texas, came over with her little girl and we went for a long walk along the river trail, saw the ducks, and enjoyed some time catching up. Then that night I went to work and found it just didn't feel like a Friday without my Aunt Shanna there. When I returned home from work Travis, Garett, his friend Jake, and I were in the front room when out of nowhere we heard a loud BOOM accompanied with our house shaking. About 30seconds later facebook started to light up with speculations to weather it was an explosion, earthquake, or sonic boom; we never did find out what it was.
Friday Night/Sat morning at 5:00am: We woke up to the most intense thunderstorm we have had in Utah in YEARS; it was incredible and I loved every minute of it. As I listened to the storm roll around above me I noticed what time it was and wondered if my dad was still going to want to run an hour from then.

  • Saturday, September 1st: He did. We started our run at 6:45am, ran 10.05 miles, stopped for a bathroom break, and made it home at 8:15am. My dad informed me that we ran it in 8:57 per mile, which we were happy about, AND I burned 1265cal. Wahoo. That afternoon I went to lunch with my mom at Olive Garden, then she, my sister and I ran to a mini garage sell for my sister, and then that night................... after much concern about the rain..... we attended the piano guys concert out at Thanksgiving Point. Yes, it did rain. It down poured. We were soaked and freezing. But it was worth it.
And finally here are some pictures from the concert:
Just arriving and stepping out into the pouring rain!
Hunkered down under the tarps, waiting for the concert to start




Look at that rain come down all around him!

Waiting out the traffic before the drive home

No comments:

Post a Comment