Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Baby Post: Aaron's Updates

Once again I was on one of my friend's blogs and I liked her cute idea of doing baby updates, just as I liked her list of questions she had for pregnancy updates so I took them and have decided that after this first week update I'm going to shoot for monthly updates on Aaron. I have recorded so many things over the past few years about Maddix he will practically be able to go back someday and have a day by day write out of what he did has a baby/toddler; I know that bringing home my second baby I already take less photos than I did with Maddix and I just want to make sure Aaron has something to look back on as well. So without further ado here are Aaron's (Belated) One Week Updates

Sleep: Your first few nights home were... horrific:) You didn't sleep more than 20 mins at a time and then every time I tried to feed you, you'd fall directly back asleep; then once you were back in your crib you'd just wake back up. 

Weight: You were born 6lbs 15oz, but when we left the hospital you were 6lbs 8oz. The nurse said that was great because normally a baby loses about 10% weight loss by the time they leave and he'd only lost about 8%. When you first came home you started throwing up a ton. After some analysis and talk with the pediatrician we determined I was over feeding you. Once we cut back time you instantly had a change around and the past few days you've been looking much fuller in the face:) 

Milestones: You were on your tummy and you really wanted off so you got your arms and legs under you and rolled onto your back. I grabbed your daddy and we showed him your trick again. You laugh in your sleep... seriously, it's precious. You like to flex your abs and try to jump off our laps. 

Likes: You like sleeping on your sides or being held on your sides. You like it when I brush your face with my finger. You love eating. 

Dislikes: Being on your tummy. Certain bum changes. Being rubbed with lotion. Bath time.
Anything Else: You're very opposite your brother in that you love to snuggle. I think your favorite place to be is curled right up on my chest:) You have hiccups more than you don't (seems that way). You sneeze in sets of two. You make these funny giant bug eye faces

Mom & Dad:Dad misses you seeing as this past week we've been staying at Grandma Wells' house while he does complete renovations on the Johnson house; so he doesn't get to see you. Mommy's trying to adjust. Having two children is hard. My postpartum blues really get me down most days so I long for the day they leave. But physically I feel great; I'm itching to find time to go running.
Birthday

One week old

No comments:

Post a Comment