Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Baby Update: 7 Months Already

Where does the time seem to keep going?? 7 Months, really?
Sleep: You are an excellent sleeper now! You go to bed around 7:00, usually cry a second or two once during the night, then wake up at 7:30am. You take a nap at either at 9:30 or 10:00 until 11:30 or 12:00. Then you take another nap usually from 2:00-4:00pm. 

Weight: At your last appointment we found out you were only eating enough to stay hydrated, and you dropped down to the... 4 percentile I think it was; the point is that we had to make the decision to be done breastfeeding because apparently I was drying up and you weren't growing. As sad as I was, it is once again another decision I didn't have to make (pretty much like all the decisions we've had with your brother). I think you're at 16.4lbs now, but I'm crossing my fingers the formula is helping you catch right up. 
You love when I place little
snacks on the stool for you
to crawl to and push around

You're getting the hang of
that straw!
Likes: Being mobil!

  • Eating Anything
  • Maddix
  • Pushing the stool around the kitchen
  • The hoses that connect from the toilet to the wall
  • Maddix'x toys, or anything that's not an actual baby toy
  • Nala
  • Attention
  • Being snuggled while you eat your bottles
  • The lullaby I sing to you while you fall asleep in my arms. 
  • The nighttime routine Grandpa Jeff has with you when I'm at work
  • Riding in the stroller
  • Burps/farts make you laugh
  • When I sing
  • Watching the fire in the fireplace
  • talking
  • Trying to roll away when I'm changing your diaper!
  • The shower
  • Bath time/ your sponge
  • Seeing Dad on the phone-video chat
  • Pretty much you love everything... aside from a couple of little things: 



Dislikes: There aren't many, but the things you don't like, you REALLY don't like!
  • You detest laying on your back for anything: getting your clothes on, changing your diaper, anything
  • The "Bug zapper" or the blue booger picker. 
  • Getting your fingernails clipped.
  • Anytime I'm fixing you a bottle and you can hear it shaking, see it being made, or I swear even smell it and it's not in your hands, you are furious. 
  • When I bath you, you have claimed the sponge as YOURS and I cannot have it. When I remove it from your hands you SCREAM. If I place it back, you stop. I can do this repeatedly without fail you'll scream, stop, scream, stop. 
  • Still don't like the carseat.
  • When Maddix accidentally drops his toys on you, or plays too rough. 
  • Not a huge fan of the swing, but you don't detest it. 

Anything Else: Well, the biggest of news really is that you're crawling! You started out so funny and slow, but now you're really booking it.. by my standards, you're still actually getting the hang of it. Also, you can now pull yourself up on all the furniture, and you're desperately trying to master the stairs:) You've begun this game where you push around the stool on the kitchen floor and you look like an old man pushing his walker:) As I said before you've completed the stage of breastfeeding and you seem happier now that you are getting enough to eat. Today when I placed you next to your walker toy you actually took some steps while pushing it!! I don't remember if I recorded this but YOU SAID YOUR FIRST WORD! You said, "Dahdt." It's the only thing you've said consistently and even then it's rare, but legitimately it's the first word for you, and I couldn't be happier at your choice. Maddix said mom, and you said dad, I love it.! 

Always trying to eat
everything:)
You have been fighting getting sick while your brother and I have been down with a terrible flu/cold thing that's been going around and unfortunately, you woke up with it this morning. You poor guy, you just seem so unhappy, even though you try to put on a happy face. The only good thing to come out of being sick is the ample amount of cuddle time we've all been having while we watch movie after movie after movie. You did seem to like the extra long we got out on today with my co-workers to try and lift your spirits, but man I was beat by the end.. and so were you and your brother! 
Man I love you. You change and grow so much each and every day. There is never a day that you don't make me smile or melt my heart. You are so different from your brother, and I love seeing how you have your own personality. You're curious, but not as mischievous (not yet anyway!) You're tender and love to cuddle. You lock eyes with anyone and then smile in a way that makes that person think they are the most special person in the world, one day I'll capture that look because I NEVER want to forget it! You are an angel boy, and people constantly ask how we got so lucky to have such a happy and good boy! I don't know, but we love every last bit of you Mr. Falco, Aaron boy, Barron Falco, Angel baby, Bubba, Little Penguin, Little Tard, Cute Boy, and so many other loving names that everyone calls you! 
Never stop smiling. Never stop Loving the Lord. Always know You are LOVED. 

1 comment:

  1. It is TRUE. He has such a special heart. And he melts mine every time I see him! Miss you guys, and hope to get together SOON!

    ReplyDelete