Wednesday, February 19, 2014

~Be My VaLeNtInE~

How lucky am I? This year I had THREE valentines!
Morning time together:) 

Eating our Valentines cupcakes
Travis (thankfully, and not a moment too soon) was able to catch a flight home Wednesday, February 13th home to the Salt Lake Airport and I was SO excited (and so were the boys) to have our Travis back!

We woke up and while the boys played with Travis, I was able to break my new running shoes in with a 2mile run to the temple and back.
I had some intense mood music for my first run of the year, but funny enough, as I came up the hill my music switched to this classical song (one of my favorites), and it just set the mood. I decided to go walk the grounds, and took a seat on a bench and just stared at the temple. How lucky am I that I live exactly one mile from the Lord's Temple. I can go there whenever. It requires nO money. It requires no time to be taken off work for a weekend trip to it, and I can literally walk there if I didn't have a car. I am so grateful that as I drive home after work and it's late and dark and I'm all alone, I can just use that large beacon in the distance as my guide, my compass, and my destination of where I want to be. Every night as I drive home I am reminded that the Temple is my ultimate destination point! So I just sat and soaked that in before turning around to run home; what a wonderful moment in my day that was, where I could share in some Valentines love with the peaceful spirit that resides on the temple grounds. 

Shortly after arriving home we broke out the cupcakes and soon THIS is what Aaron looked like:)
Eat up

Oh this face:)
I had made Aaron his own personal little cupcake, thinking he'd like a tiny one, which he did; however, the rest of the day he had baby pink vomit (like a spewing waterfall) the rest of the day... something Travis wasn't happy with me for since I had to go to work and left him with with the colorful mess the rest of the night ;) 

Before I had to leave for work I decided to make a fun lunch; since last year we made a heart shaped pizza, this year we did Nachos. I think it turned out pretty fun. 
Before

After
We also exchanged gifts, and for the first time in the history of our marriage, Travis bought me a gift that didn't live up to his expectations... He bought me this beautiful outfit that consisted of a longer dress shirt, a cute yellow belt to cinch around the waist, and a pair of white jeans that would look perfect with sandals. Well, on the 7ft, 95lb model, this outfit was a knock out, but on my 5ft, just had a baby body it was awful! ha ha. Seriously, the first thing he's ever bought that we both just LAUGHED and LAUGHED over the sight of me in:) BUT what it did provide for me was a serious wake up call that I need to work a little harder to lose this remaining baby chub. I took some before pictures, and if I get to a point that I'm comfortable with the after shot, then I'll post it so you can share in our laughter at what I ONCE looked like ;) 

Besides that I went to work and had a crazy busy night full of the kindest people, seriously. I wish people could always be that nice, complimentative, and gracious. NOTE to SELF: take the day after Valentines off next time; people used up all their kindness the day before and are EXTRA rude!
The End

No comments:

Post a Comment