Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas Eve & Christmas Day!

Christmas is a magical time of the year!
A few days before Christmas eve Travis called: 
"Hey, this Wednesday I'm going to need a ride!" 
:D
EEEEEKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Apparently flights dropped over $400 as they tried to fill in the last few seats, 
and after a few tear filled phone calls over me not being able to handle 
the boys being sick anymore he made a solid decision 
HE WAS COMING HOME!!

SO it was supposed to go like this: Maddix has been telling me repeatedly, "all I want for Christmas is my daddy home." As well as, "Isn't it strange to have Christmas without snow? It's weird right?" 
He was going to be flying in late Christmas eve night, Vaughn was going to watch the boys, and I was going to bring Travis home to surprise the boys Christmas Morning, AND the snow was supposed to come in that night as well! 
Perfect Plan! 
But life doesn't ever go according to plan. I was at work (a shift I went out of my way to pick up) when Travis called me. My initial excitement wore off quick when I realized he was supposed to be on a plane. Long story short, he ended up missing his connection and had to spend the night in Phoenix. 
MEANWHILE, we enjoyed a Christmas eve night over at the Johnson's enjoying our holiday traditions. 









Then to end the night while I was wrapping up Christmas preparations Travis got excited because my surprise present was delivered that afternoon and asked me to go check the porch. 
Long story short: Someone stole the present from the porch. 
:( 
That, coupled with Travis not making it home that night put a downer on an other words great day. 

But, Christmas Morning Came non the less! 
When the boys ran up to see the presents they were a bit surprised to see a note, left from Santa! 
"First off I want to say, Merry Christmas! I hope you have great and wonderful day! Unfortunately, I need to ask you to WAIT to open your presents until you have them all. I had one that was too big to fit in the sleigh. Could you pick it up for me?" Then there were directions to pick up daddy! Who finally made it home for Christmas morning. 















After enjoying a really laid back afternoon we made our rounds to all our families homes and just had a great Christmas day! 

Visiting Gma Juliene

visiting Keili

What's left of the Debuck cousins. 


Merry Christmas Nala


No comments:

Post a Comment