Tuesday, December 16, 2014

It's Beginning to Feel A lot Like Christmas

There may be no snow, but we are no letting that stop us from bringing on the Christmas cheer! Although my heart is only half in the Holiday this year, and the other half is in New York, I do have two boys to think of so I'm trying not to let my desire to hide under a blanket and just wait out the next 10 weeks overpower the need to give them the most magical Christmas season possible! So far we've been able to: 
Attend the Christmas Market Celebration in Provo
We've been practicing the AtTiTuDe of GrAtItUdE by getting outside every day we can to enjoy this abnormally warm December weather
We had our traditional reading with Grandpa Vaughn (every year Gpa & Gma buy a new Christmas book for us and Grandpa reads it before handing it out)
We started a new family tradition
We got to go to our Ward Christmas party which was a breakfast
We had our Wells' Annual Christmas party, but this year we were missing so many people to missions it was just different:) 
I had my Work Christmas Party... my 10th at Chuck-a-Rama! I told them I think this might actually be the last and they all laughed at me because I'll probably find a way to be there forever ;) 
We've been blessed to be apart of so many service opportunities and it's really made the true spirit of Christmas come to life! 
As the boys and I were wrapping some presents the other morning, Maddix turned to me and said, "Mom, we're like the Wise Men that were taking presents to Jesus when he was born." That led to a wonderful conversation and reenactment of the first Christmas night! 
We were able to have a Fun Family Home Evening with a little Christmas errands, a trip to the arcade because Maddix earned the opportunity to play in the arcade, and then ended with dinner at my work where we ran into our Grandma Eileen before going home. It was really a fun day. 
Delivered CaNdY cAnEs to the FiRe StAtIoN, and in turn got to tour through the trucks!
Met Santa Claus, received a sucker and yelled, "Bye Santa, I love you" as we left:)

And there is still so much left to come! I'll keep ya' posted! 


























No comments:

Post a Comment