Sunday, December 6, 2015

A "30th" Birthday and Christmas is on its way!

I regret that I didn't make this a separate post earlier on, but our sweet daddy, our beloved Travis had a birthday this past week. This birthday wasn't just any birthday; Travis turned 30! He is officially an adult; and a busy one at that. 
For his birthday he only had to work a couple of hours and was home by lunch where he found the table waiting with presents, the floor covered in balloons (they said black, but turned out purple), and "30th" birthday Nachos. This year we couldn't be near family again, so for one of his presents there were 30 letters from his closest family and friends just waiting for him to read an reminisce over.  That night we had our friend, John over and ate Travis's favorite dinner: Split pea soup, artesian bread, and then some homemade Oreos because those are his favorite cookies! To end the night we watched the newest Mission Impossible movie that he got as a present as I gave him a 30 minute foot rub. We tried our very best to spoil him that day because we truly are so grateful that 30 years ago, on Dec 1st. our Travis was born! 




Happy "30th"
Travis has also been super busy traveling around for interviews and most recently he visited Michigan where he went and visited the nation's largest football stadium, as well as passed the actual "8 Mile" road. Next up, Wyoming and Arizona in the same weekend; in between he will be stopping by Utah and barely missing his brother, Garett (who is returning from a 2-year mission in Madagascar) by 4 days... Timing, huh??

Michigan! 


Flying back into NY at night


Here at home we've jumped full swing into the Christmas season! Decorations are all up; our Landlord even decorated the outside of our house. We've started our traditions that really emphasize on the importance of Christmas, read our Christmas books, watch our Christmas movies, sing our Christmas songs. We went into the City and visited Macy's Department Store and strolled around their Santa Land, as well as met Santa! Then we made our way to Rockefeller Plaza to see the tree and ice skating rink; we just love Christmas. We love that Christ was born to this earth to save us all. It's so sad that the world has come so far as to shut God and Christ out of everything; they've even found a way to remove Christ from .... Christmas... it's now the Holidays... with Holiday trees... and holiday music... it just makes me sad. I am so grateful that as my family and I celebrate this CHRISTmas season, we have the truth of what our Savior has done for us. Let's remember that as the world tries to tether us down in worldly ways of celebrating "this Holiday."


My New Wreath



Macy's Dep. Store! 



Old style Escalator 

Enter into Santa land!



Slightly creepy Santa! 
Wanted to stand while riding

Radio City tree in the background


Rockefeller


Almost home and no-one left but us!

Time to party!

Aaron was BEGGING for pancakes:)



And then I just have to add how much I love love LOVE watching my boys grow up together. They are good boys. They play so well together. At church Maddix always waits for Aaron when all the other kids are running around. He makes sure no one leaves him out. If I scold Maddix Aaron says, "No... no be mean buddy!" and vice versa on that one. They giggle, plot, journey, imagine, learn, cry, and love each other. At night Aaron asks Maddix to sing to him and Maddix always obliges him:) And Aaron must do all things that "buddy" does. I am so blessed that the things Maddix is doing are kind, smart, selfless, and entertaining. 
Earlier this week we took Travis to the airport to once again send him away for an interview. The boys were sad to see their daddy leave, but I was grateful I had these sweet boys to keep me company. On the way home, in miserable miserable rush hour NY traffic, we ended up in a car accident; small and more of a fender bender, but it scared us. I hit into someone in front of us and the woman was all but short of strangling me. And I felt alone. But as I got out of the car to se the example of taking care of our mistakes I was so blessed to find not a single scratch on the woman's SUV in front of me. Her hitch and spared it damage, and it was just my car that took the brunt, and that was minimal to. I am so grateful that we didn't even call for police. We didn't even swap insurance. And not even ONE PERSON honked as we blocked the off ramp... that is probably the biggest shock of all. I am grateful the Lord kept us safe because Travis wasn't there. The whole way home the boys were a little rough with me (unknowingly) saying things like, "You know mom, you have to use your breaks so these things don't happen," and "ouch, my neck really hurts... (Aaron also) 'Ouch.. my net weawee hu-erts!'" When we got home and Travis called us before boarding, I began to cry. Seeing their mommy cry triggered them into the most protective little boys I could ask for; regular little gentlemen. Maddix began with, "Don't worry mom, I'll get the gate open/closed." "Come on mom, I'll make dinner, and tuck you in, and get a movie going." "You relax, everything is going to be okay." Then Aaron kept wiping my tears and snuggled with me. Travis wasn't able to be with us, but a part of him was there living within those two boys. I have such good boys, because we have such a good dad. And we have such a loving Heavenly Father. I am so blessed! 







No comments:

Post a Comment