Friday, December 25, 2015

~MeRrY ChRiStMaS~

Our Final Week leading up to 
Christmas
Sunday Aaron got sick, so that meant most the week had to be taken easy. 
We made Grinch corn and watched the Grinch. 
We fed popcorn to the birds in our back alley.
Christmas Eve: We had a guest arrive... Peetie the Rabbit! He's staying with us for a few days and the boys LOVE him. Nala LOVES him, but can't have him. 
We made Christmas decorations. 
We watched Elf and made "Elf donuts."
We made cookies for Santa, 
and we read our special Christmas books after 
setting milk, cookies, elf donuts, carrots, and a 'Thank You' not for Santa!
Then bed...
... but not sleep. Not sleep for a LoNg TiMe. 
Maddix even offered to help me clean so Santa could come faster. 
Once the children were snuggled up in their beds, Peetie the rabbit and I watched 
Christmas Vacation and prepped for the arrival! 
3:45am Christmas Morning: The realization that we've entered a new stage when I registered Maddix sitting in my bed talking away. A little while later I went in their room to check on them and found him sitting
in his bed wide awake, using his little flashlight to look through the stocking Santa left at the foot of his bed; there was pure elation on his face. At 6:00am he bounds into my room ready for the day, still awake from the 15 min intervals he'd decided to grace me with all night. 
FINALLY Travis made it home from his night shift (that he said "the gates of hell must have opened up" for and really gave him a run for his money), and Aaron woke up. We read our Christmas scriptures, opened presents... 
... HOWEVER, the first present Maddix opened, I was ready with the camera to capture the moment and his face-PRICELESS- of pure disappointment to see clothes... CLOTHES! 
He has never had such a big pouty lip in his life; thankfully, Santa's presents really delivered, and everything just went uphill from there. 
We were really lucky to have so many wonderful Grandparents send us presents and it really made our Christmas special to have a piece of them with us. So we face timed, texted, and called around to say thank you and Merry Christmas. 
We've eaten, snacked, napped, played, watched movies, and just sat still as we've watched the rabbit hop around. I'm so grateful that with a week full of 6 12hr shifts, that Travis had today off. And that he skipped sleeping the ENTIRE DAY (minus some doze off's) to be with us. 
Oh... and most ANNOYING TOY award goes to my dad for gifting us the Despicable Me Fart Guns that the boys have carried around ALL DAY making loud fart noises:) ohhhh boy! 








Peetie is obsessed with our lamp

2015 New York Christmas



I loved this moment

"This isn't the gun I asked Santa for, but Santa must have
known better and got me this and I LOVE is so much
More!!"   


Oh his faces:) 

Thanks Gpa Cam and Gma Jo for the Rocking chairs! 


This was my favorite present! I love this
picture!






Those fart... guns! 

Peetie was loving all the boxes.

 Annual Christmas PJ Pictures for Gma Lori
(Thanks for the polar bear pjs)
Merry Merry Christmas!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment