Sunday, April 17, 2016

~12 Days left in the big Apple~

This week... (forgive me, I'm about to get sentimental again)... everything just seemed profound: like catching a string of three green lights in a row~ clearly a gift to help me enjoy my last few days. Went to the dentist for Maddix and ended up having the NICEST nurses who loved the boys, and the dentist was actually the original dentist from a kids t.v. show called the Romper Room and he was PERFECT with the boys, plus we found parking easy ~Another tender mercy. Saw essentially everyone I wanted to and had some really special activities that allowed me some final goodbyes ~So special... and on and on it goes. The grass is greener, the air is gaining warmth, the flowers smells better, the squirrels are fluffier, and the traffic doesn't bug me right now. 
~I have my rose colored glasses on~
12 more days. 

Monday 
cLeAnEd ALL day then showed our home to our old Bishop and his wife (who ended up signing and will taking over our contract; I think that's cool)
Tuesday
Was so rainy and lazy until I finally pulled myself up to work out; Maddix joined me, using two cars as his weights and grabbed paper to record all his reps. While I could say 25 pushups, he did 110. :)
Wednesday
The sun came out and we escaped to the park. While there, two boys wanted to play with Maddix but wouldn't let Aaron come because he was too little; they pushed him down and Maddix instantly ran to his brother, helped him up/kissed him, and informed the boys that his brother could play. He tells us his job is to protect all those kids smaller than him; I love him so much. Also, Travis was let out of a surgery super early so he trucked into Williamsburg to obtain... The Bagel Store Rainbow bagel since they were out last time; since then our boys have been enjoying their colored trips to the bathroom. 
Thursday
We had the BEST experience at Maddix's dentist. He was like 70yrs old, and was an amazing children's dentist; his main goal was to give Maddix a wonderful experience so he associates that happy experience with going to the dentist; that was a success because he's been begging to go back; since the boys were so good I surprised them by going to Juniper Park where we wandered around and enjoyed the Spring weather. 
Friday
Maddix wasn't feeling too well so after a quick trip to Costco we mostly stayed down. Since it was Friday as well we turned on Harry Potter, made the room dark, popped popcorn, and all cuddled up for a Friday Night Movie... with ... and don't judge me, cereal for dinner. They REALLY wanted it, and I was so into Harry Potter and snuggling, I indulged in the name of Friday Fun! Once the boys were in bed Travis and I purchased the new Star Wars to watch (it was my first time). 
Saturday
Oh his was probably my favorite day of the week, although they were all fantastic! 
We cleaned the church for our last time (seriously broke my heart)! I was able to attend a combine baby shower for two friends from church which allowed me the opportunity to see so many of these wonderful women and talk without the boys there. That evening we had our Ward's Scouting Dessert auction... this was seriously so SO much fun! And if that wasn't enough, we headed home to put the boys in bed super late, and then our friends Cory and Emily Beus came over for games... and a movie... and laughing over YouTube videos. Then the husband's dozed off and we kept talking. Eventually Cory was voice of reason and said they should leave since we had church about 6 hrs! We will miss them so much. 
TODAY, Sunday
Church was a bit of nightmare between the four of being tired, and the boys each having meltdowns that resulted in Aaron being sent home with Travis, and Maddix being kicked out of class and having to sit with me in R.S. Being a parent isn't always easy, but it's sure worth it, and I love those boys, even on the rough days. 
Shortly after a needed hap we had what was a happy, fun, and all too sad farewell dinner at "Grandma Carol and Grandpa Dave's." I'm not good with Goodbyes and they promised to see us in Iowa so I was spared that ultimate heartbreak, but there were still tears shed because we just love them so much and couldn't thank God enough for their presence in our life. 
We love you Grandma Carol, Grandpa Dave, Aunt Ashley, and Uncle Levi!
















 Our Final Goodbyes with the Castle Family



Oh New York, you've been too good to us, and it has little to do with the the buildings and activities, and EVERYTHING to do with the people. seriously.  


No comments:

Post a Comment