Sunday, April 10, 2016

~We Love New York in the Spring~

Yesterday Maddix was lucky enough to have another play date with Jano, the Bishop's son; I'll tell you what, I found myself getting nervous as I watched him run around with the older kids without fear of climbing to new heights... it was good, but as a mom I had to force myself to give him space. While he played we took Aaron to Rosa's for lunch before preparing for our
  *Hipster Family Photo*.  
Funny Story, I found a sweater Travis received from a friend and it is just soOo Hipster that the idea came to life... We have lived in NY this past year, among the hipster colonies, yet we don't dress or conform to their ways, so TRULY we are the REAL Hipsters! I figured rain or not we would all dress up ironically and go out to Long Island City and have John snap pictures for us; bless him for standing in the rain, holding our coats, squinting into the camera (so I could wear his gigantic glasses) to make those pictures happen!
Aside from a fun Saturday we started the week by attending the funeral for my V.T. companion:( It was unexpected and pretty sad; her family decided to hold a Buddhist funeral, so when we thought we were walking into a "viewing" we actually walked into a Buddhist prayer... that lasts for hours. There was incense clouding the room, and monks chanting in the front while the room of people chanted along. That was my first Buddhist funeral and needless to say, it was a very UNIQUE experience!!! The rest of the week was spent cleaning, slowly de-junking and packing, riding bikes, school time, family, cooking, snuggling to movies, and got Aaron his final Barber shop haircut before we move. 
Today we took the family over to the Flushing Meadows park so we could enjoy the warm spring weather, get these PENT up boys out, throw rocks in the water, and see the trees in bloom! Words cannot express how much fun that walk turned out to be! Especially when Aaron hopped up on Travis's shoulders so I took over his scooter and hooked Nala to it! She kept getting behind me, sticking her head through, and pushing me!!! We were dying laughing; eventually she figured out she could make me go faster by.... Pulling me... go figure! Pushing wasn't the most effective, but it sure had us and others laughing. 
We love love love our walks and look forward to what sites and adventures Iowa will have for our Sunday walks; it has a lot to live up to! 


New clothes showed up












"I'm SiNgIn' in the RaIn"





Add caption































Mets Stadium



No comments:

Post a Comment