Sunday, April 3, 2016

The Gospel in my life

I am who I am because of the Gospel.
     I owe all in my life to my Heavenly Father.

I have the worlds best husband who is a committed father and even better husband to me. He puts my needs and worries first. He is the epitome of everything Opposite the world preaches we should expect from men these days.

I have the best boys. Loving. Hopeful. Playful. Forgiving. Understanding. Imaginative. Faithful.
      When I have short comings these attributes of theirs allow them to love me, forgive, understand my mistakes, faithfully trust in my wisdom, and make me happy by imagining a wonderful day of play.

I have a Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ. He is my older brother. Loving. Humble. Meek. Forgiving. Patient. Selfless. Caring. Endless adjectives that all equate to Perfect.
        Because of him, I have everything. I don't have EVERYTHING by worldly standards, but I have EVERYTHING I need for eternal happiness, which is what really matters.

I have a family. I have the knowledge of of the Gospel. I'm even blessed to have extras like a temple near by, financial security, daily adventures, the kindest friends and ward members, the ability to live in a free country--> Yes, the world is in chaos, but it's also a beautiful creation of God that REALLY offers endless opportunities and comforts, despite the way Satan tries to ruin this gift.

I LoVe CoNfErEnCe WeEkEnD
And this weekend is soOo much better than six months ago when 
I was sick and the boys were out of control. 

Yesterday, Saturday: We prepared the house, food, and ourselves for conference. The boys did great during the 1st session with their quiet activities. We went for a family walk after and returned just in time for the 2nd session. Boys were... less quiet this time, but still good. During the second session we decided to FINALLY sew on our patches on our World Travels Quilt Travis's aunt gave us when we got married... it's only taken 8 years (3 down, many to go:) At night we continued sewing and I got to be Trav's Priesthood buddy. 
Maddix snapped this photo


Rock band in-between sessions

Snuggles during conference 

Maddix also took this picture
 Before conference we received some photos in a text stream from our family showing us what they were up to before Conference started.


Trav's dad and uncle were out biking, one in Utah
and one in Cali.

So we took our walk:) 



Today, Sunday: This morning Aaron came in our room early and laid with me until Maddix woke up. All they did was FIGHT. So Trav left the room and shortly after sent Aaron back into me because he was inconsolable. He wrapped his little arms around me and before I knew it, we were both back asleep; this was a once in a life time experience. I lay there, with his arms wrapped around me, and mine around him. The storm was beating on my windows and causing the sun to shine bright, then disappear, leaving the room completely dark. I just stared at him and dozed in and out of sleep while he slept in my arms. I will always cherish those two hours I was gifted. 
All the while another blessing was going on: Travis and Maddix were making my FAVORITE breakfast; could I be the luckiest girl in the world? I don't even know how I deserve them. So after a very late morning sleep in with my beautiful Aaron and a WONDERFUL cold storm causing us so snuggle deep in the blankets, we woke up. Aaron squeezed my neck and said, "I love you so much Mommy." *sniffle. 
Then we came out and "graced everyone with our presence." And travis had the most delicious breakfast dished up! I made some rolls during the 3rd session to take with us to lunch at our friends home, before returning for the 4th session. We had so much fun... even if the boys went crazy and attacked our friend, forcing him to wrestle them on the floor! Now we are currently watching the 4th session (sad, once again, that it's almost over); the boys are quietly playing with legos, Travis is researching Mason City, and I'm blogging. 
I love Conference Weekend. It makes me a little emotionally unstable, and constantly on the brink of tears, but their good tears. Spiritual tears. 
The rest of our week was really nice as well. We got to go to Madison Square Garden with some friends to see BYU play basketball. Several times we went out and rode bikes... one of the days Maddix was hot so he took off his helmet and sweater and decided to scooter... and ate it as soon as he started scootering! Poor guy got banged up and all I had to hold on the ice packs were my hair ribbons! We also played in the rain, and played at the park! 









We were blowing bubbles and NALA
jumped up to eat the bubbles! ha ha. 







Poor Guy









First time really swinging by himself! Work in Progress! 

No comments:

Post a Comment