Sunday, August 7, 2016

Finally had a camp out

~Another Week Bites the Dust~
Travis
This past week Travis hit 85-ish hours at the hospital; there was even one day he woke up at 5:00am, came home around 8:00pm, and then had to work on a presentation until 10:45. He doesn't enjoy the topic either so it makes the days longer, but he really does great soaking up the experience so that he can become a better doctor. He also came home Sat night and played games, told stories, out in the tent with me and the boys on our little campout in the backyard. 
Lacey 
This week was harder for me because I couldn't start the day by going to the gym (which gave me a purpose to get out of bed). I would go to bed at 9:30-10:00 with Travis and then get up at 6am but have nothing to do... if I leave my room the boys instantly wake up, so anything I could do is confined to my room. At nights though I was able to go running, and thanks to my friend here she introduced me to an online library app so I now have more books to listen to while I run. I just finished Insurgent and am reading the 3rd installment in the series, Allegiant. 
Maddix 
Loved going to the park and making friends with a random boy there; they played so well that we stayed a few hours when we'd only planned to just stop by. He also enjoyed our playdate at the park the next day, as well our trip to Clear Lake. He continues to surprise us with how grown up he is each day. 
Aaron
Well he was such a great 2yr old, but we now have a 3yr old on our hands and he is defiant; he is also now a chipmunk! I recently took away his snacks because at meals he wouldn't eat his food. Now that snacks have been taken away (which are hugely important to this kid) he is CONSTANTLY sneaking into the kitchen and stealing food, and usually when I go to the bathroom or try to shower, or go get the mail, or ANY AND EVERY time I'm not guarding the kitchen he is there! I found a bag of chocolates under our decorative table in the front room. I found an empty pack of gum in his tent in the toy room (that's right, he ate a whole pack of gum!). I found 10ish empty gummy wrappers in my bed. I found an open bag of chocolate chips in the middle of the kitchen floor, and an Aaornmunk hiding behind the couch eating a handful of them! And it's not just food. He carries this lunchbox around and STUFFS it full of beanie baby puppies and begs to take it everywhere he goes. At church today we found a dozen cars stuffed in his pockets that he'd snuck out of the house. He put a hat on the other day and I found toys hidden in it when I'd said he could only bring one in the car.... etc. I could name more. 
Family
Life is crazy simple and slow-paced, but also goes by fast and we just enjoy, really enjoy the simple things like swimming in a water hole by the house, or shucking corn on the front porch steps, or camping in the backyard and looking at the stars. We are constantly changing our minds on where we should go next because of the benefits/drawbacks to each place we list. We even took a quiz on where the best place to live would be; Travis and I got L.A. and Maddix got the Outer boroughs of New York (I'm not surprised at all). So the mystery continues... 

Hoover, Maddix's soon to be school


Needs a haircut

Puppet show


 View from my run the other night
 Clear lake


Puppy battles while I did yard work Saturday

Campout Monsters! 





No comments:

Post a Comment