Monday, August 1, 2016

My Maddix

                        My Maddix is the sweetest boy. We read scriptures centered around Loving our neighbors/ourselves as Christ loves us and he just soaked them in.  We also read about Charity and really discussed being "puffed up" verse being proud of our accomplishments; since then he is consciously making sure he isn't being "puffed up." He wants to go volunteer at the soup kitchen and "feed the hungry." I even heard him telling his little friend Lala about his plans to go volunteer. 
                        Travis is working a lot now and it makes Maddix quite sad; however it makes him more sad for Travis. So Saturday evening once Trav came home, Maddix and I set up a "spa area" for daddy. We had pan pipe music, lavender aromas, the vibrator, epsom salt footpath, ice water, lotions, and flowers. He laughed and thought it was sweet as all three of us worked him over. 
                       While riding bikes out front, the boys were making "special deliveries" when Maddix asked me what my favorite thing in the world was, I said, "you two boys." Maddix wanted something he could deliver me, so that didn't work for him. He said, " I  know, the scriptures are your favorite thing." Then delivered me "scriptures." That make me happy that he can see my love for these special books.
                      On Sat Maddix and Aaron were playing games in the back of the Explorer while I was mowing the lawn. When it was time to sweep the clippings they didn't want to help, they only wanted to help with the hose. I explained the story of the hen who bakes the bread alone and then gets to eat it alone... so I would work the hose alone. Before I knew it both boys were out sweeping, and then we had so much fun playing in the water afterwards!
                       I have less than 30 days left of life as I know it. For nearly 6 years now my every waking moment has been devoted to teaching, loving, and caring for Maddix's every needs. He has had to see me at my worsts as I am learning to be a mom in a way that only an oldest will ever experience, but I think no boy could ever be so strong and smart and capable of being an oldest, or so kind as to forgive me each time I lose my temper or am less than the mom I should be. Aaron and I are going to be so lost for awhile as we adjust to having Maddix away from us most the day. We took Maddix to his school yesterday to walk around, and as he peeked in through all the windows you could see the excitement mounting. You can tell he is a little nervous, and he sure cuddles more than he ever has in his life, but he is ready. I thought I was ready, I am ready... I am... I think. I look forward to one-on-one time with Aaron, the way I had it with Maddix in Poland. Then my heart sinks to remember some of the those VERY long and lonely winter days, trapped in our Apartment in Poland, and how Maddix rose to the occasion to be my best friend, and the only other person I had to talk to; just a little almost 2yr old taking care of him mom. I love that boy. I love all my boys. 




















No comments:

Post a Comment