Monday, August 15, 2016

Service weeks are the best weeks..

This past week was long/flew by, was tiring/but worth every minute, and full of service/church related activities; It was one of those weeks I felt like an adult with my life together, actually able to accomplish tasks that I often put off.
Monday
The boys were enamored with pictures of tree houses they someday wanted to build so I took that time to create some new chore charts, as well as write letters to family members I've been neglecting. Best part of the day was having Travis make it home, and having a great Family Home evening on The Family.

Tuesday
Started by registering Maddix for Kindergarten; the office ladies were so nice and they boys quietly built puzzles while I filled out paper work. Afterward we drove to the park where we attended a Medical Alliance Breakfast (an organization made up of Doctors/Wives that organize Community Service projects, and support each other in the community); I'm so glad we went and made new friends and found a way join a service group. They even helped me find the recycling area so I finally got rid of all my cardboard! That evening we rode bikes and puppies out front. 

Hooked on the leash, barking away!
Wednesday
Wasn't much to write home about. We went to the dentist where we found out Maddix would need a filling and that his front tooth had experienced trauma that caused the root to decay and that his tooth would fall out anytime, but if it didn't in the next two weeks they pull it for us (and charge us, of course). 
We also picked up my new glasses! 

We also played detectives!

Thursday
We had to go back to the dentist. While Maddix had his work done I played with Aaron and finally made all my visiting teaching phone calls (I just barely received 5 women to visit). One of the women I spoke with gave us the opportunity to come meet her and her son that afternoon! The dentist brought me back and said Maddix was great, and that they had a surprise... Maddix smiled... and his front tooth was gone!!!!! He could see my face drop and asked if he should've checked with me first, uh yeah!! Long story short, they are going to reduce the price of that tooth they pulled...that I could've pulled myself. Poor Maddix came out dazed and numb, which caused him to whine at the store afterward and continually chew on his lip! By the end of the night it was SO swollen and he now looks like a hillbilly and slurs everything he says! Also that night we had the sisters over for dinner and they were going to teach me how to cut my boys' hair. I was doing well with Maddix until I noticed the sister's hand was swollen and asked Travis to look at it. As he told her she would need to get an x-ray and be in a cast as soon as possible, she needed a moment to sit down.... in that moment I cut Maddix's hair WAY to short!! So now his lip it fat, he slurs his words and spits when he talks, AND his hair is like an army cut!! I swear I did better with Aaron's! 

Poor kid
Friday
We watched Kung Foo Panda in the morning and then my wonderful friend, Mackenzie FaceTimed me so we could walk through the Family History site; after that I got lost in looking up names; I can't believe how long I put off finding names because I was intimidated by not knowing what to do. Turns out it's incredibly easy! 
Then that evening we had friends come over and play! 

Saturday
Bright and early, 6:15am the boys woke up, so excited to spend the day playing with the Fox family while their mom and I drove with the ward to the St. Paul temple! The drive there was 2hrs, we had a wonderful time with wonderful people doing the Lord's work, then stopped for lunch before driving 3 hrs home (construction)! We had homemade pizza for dinner. Once the boys were in bed Travis and I watched a movie we rented from Red Box and had a little date night. 

Sunday
Travis and I spoke in Sacrament, and a huge thank you to the Fox Family for letting my children sit with them! I made some new friends in R.S. and then at home the boys and I ended up battling Travis  and running all over the house; the day was such a great Sunday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment