Saturday, November 12, 2016

Falling for Fall

Warning
~ I haven't blogged in a month, this is bound to be a photo dump!~

Fall of 2016
(Our first fall in Iowa)

I am a summer girl. All year long I wait for the day the grass is green, birds and sunshine pour through my windows and wake me before an alarm has to. I LOVE the smells of summer when I take morning runs. I love each and every outdoor activity that is waited for 9 months of the year, and man I love al the fresh fruit. The barbecues. Just SUMMER. 
BUT... this FALL... 
Oh this fall has been phenomenal. The trees here really take advantage of the color spectrum as the leaves change for weeks and weeks (not go green to icky brown). I love all the leaf piles we've jumped in. I love the sunshine that beams in one spot and when you step in it, that minor chill you were feeling just melts away. 
THIS FALL... it's been unbeatable. We've enjoyed BYU Football, as well as Maddix's first football season. We loved Halloween here. I've loved hiking with friends. Walking around Big Blue.  I've loved the holiday themed activities that are in full force now. I've loved that by God's blessing this November has been abnormally warm and pleasant: almost no rain. Sun every day. Weather constantly hanging in the 60's... PeRfEcT. Each day we are blessed to play on the playground after Maddix gets out of school is just another cherry on top of this beautiful fall.
~ I am truly grateful for the joy this fall has provided us~
And for once, there is apart of me that is actually getting excited for... snow?? Did I just say that? Yes I did. I am actually excited for Winter. I think having kids old enough to do activities, enjoy school activities themed around each season, and the fact that i'm not working (and having to deal with the cold) in the winter makes me love it more. Then last night we had our Relief Society Christmas Party... yes, our Christmas party was in November due to scheduling conflicts. At first it felt wrong to me that the room was covered in gorgeous twinkling lights and greenery. The Christmas tree just seemed wrong; however, as the program commenced I was touched. I had the opportunity to sing a solo and the words almost moved me to tears. There was a book narrated to us and the message rang loudly in my soul. I am ready for Christ's season. The WORLD needs Christ's season more than ever this year. 
This morning i've cried repeatedly thinking about the divide existing in America right now. I've bawled each time I've seen horrible realities via social media to the point where I just can't stand to get on and read any more. I know in the scriptures we are told the world will be this way, but it breaks my heart; I found great comfort in reading the scriptures this morning (Alma36-38). 

Okay... this turned out to be super long, and doesn't even explain what we've been up to or how we're doing. So very quickly : 
Travis:
Loved his time on Pediatrics. He is currently on Surgery rotation. The hours are long (as is normal now), however, somehow he ended up having a few days off this past weekend and loved being able to be apart of our normal daily routines. He got to cook, bake, shop, clean, and do yard work, but just loved that he got to be with the boys and I so much. We were also able to take a day date to the temple where we did baptisms and then ate some indian food after. This week he is on call a total of 150hrs... ( I didn't even know there were that many hrs in a week)... he won't actually be at the hospital all those hours, but he isn't allowed to be more than 5 mins away during these hours. Last night his pager went off twice. He has four more 24hr shifts left before we go back to Utah to visit, and then only one more 24hr shift after that.
Lacey: 
I only have a few more weeks in my school semester and I am stoked! I've been enjoying the gym, love seeing Maddix and Aaron progress scholastically. I've been doing the Medical Alliance Activities, enjoying our church callings, and fill grateful to have so many ladies here to help pass all the hours Travis is gone. 
Maddix: 
Is continuing to adjust to all the change of once again moving, having daddy home then gone in drastic amounts, then starting school full-time. He is really trying his hardest everyday to improve on things he's not good at, and finds pure joy in accomplishing new things! Maddix is so very smart and head's up... that also makes him so very head strong!
Aaron: 
He captivates any room he is in. The ladies in the gym daycare say he just smiles and goofs around the whole time he's there. The librarian in story time says she looks for him each week because his reactions to the books are her favorite part of the class. Women at church laugh over his zeal for life and that each time they see him it's like he's about to explode from joy over everything around him. He truly does wear a smile 99% of the time, and even his fits are pretty hilarious and cute. And his after fit apologies are unbeatable; they are adorable! I just love the stage he is at! 
OKAY OKAY OKAY, time for the pictures! 
Last football game!


Leaf tornado-play after school

Aaron and his little Pals at our weekly story time

Maddix' Class Fall Party (Hay-ride)


Chili dinner and football game at the Highschool

The 2 hr Drive to the Temple

Indian Restaurant for lunch

Nightly Football Games

Halloween costume: Honey Lemon, from Big Hero 6

Ward Trunk-or-Treat

Hike at Lyme Creek with the Dannon's


Trick-Or-Treeing Halloween Night

Their Loot 

Mummy Halloween Dinner








There are so many leaves here!

Travis in all his element: Baking

Ruby's style Breakfast



Relief Society Christmas party.
A great way to kick-off the season

No comments:

Post a Comment