Sunday, December 4, 2016


Part One
Our Trip to Utah
It's funny to me how we can come home (even for as short as six days) and have it feel like we never left. Same friends, family, routines, jokes... have we really been here in Iowa for nearly 6 months?

Six months is a significant milestone for me when adjusting to new places. This is always when I seem to find my stride and hit the ground running. The first six months I'm just like a fish out of water as I over indulge in every activity in our new area, trying to find what fits. Then feeling burned out and retreating home where we never contact anyone or even get dressed for the day... ha ha okay, it's not been that bad this time. Having to take Maddix to school each morning is the biggest blessing I received towards helping me adjust here.

So just like that we were in Utah and ready to make up for lost time.

Friday- We left at 3:30pm (our time), and drove through the whole night. Typically Travis is my Road Rage Warrior, but after working 100+ hrs just before leaving (no joke) he just couldn't do it; so the Lord raised me up and I drove through most the night.

Saturday- Recovered, and had lunch with Grandma Juliene, and Aunt Janelle to the Olive Garden

Sunday- Visited my Mom, went to Church with my dad, and had dinner with the Johnson's

Monday- Ran errands that can only be done in Utah/Big City. Had dinner with Chatterton's/Hatch's

Tuesday- I got to start the day off with a 9mile run around the valley. Went to lunch with Gma Janet. Boys had a boy day with Uncle Garret/I got my hair done. Then we had dinner with two of our friends, Drew and T.

Wednesday- More errands, took family pictures, cleaned up Grandma's yard, had a surprise party for Trav where we invited our Utah friends/family, as well as our friends from NY who were able to come! We rented inflatable bumper balls! It was SoOoOo much fun; I HIGHLY recommend this activity!

Thursday- After a snow front that dropped temperatures, I woke up and went running with my dad in the freezing cold! I found Trav and the boys at the field gearing up for the TURKEY BOWL! Easily a highlight of the trip!! Then we had 1st meal at my mom's, 2nd meal with the Johnson's, and 3rd meal at my dad's... safe to say we ate more than we breathed.

Friday- Cleaned, packed, said goodbyes, and hit the road... now fully loaded with ALL the Christmas presents family didn't want to mail later; we barely fit everything!

Saturday- 18hrs later we made it home and while I crashed for several hours, the wonderful Travis brought ALL the Christmas decorations up, fluffed the tree, and hung the hard to hang greenery; so when I woke up I got to do all the fun decorating! We also received a real Wreath as a gift from the Hospital that showed up while we were decorating; it was a great way to come home!!!


I love this valley


View from mile 6; ahh, I loved it! 

hair all done; it took 6 1/2hrs!



























cold!!!



Turkey Bowl (minus several ppl)


Goodbye yet again, Utah! 

No comments:

Post a Comment