Sunday, January 8, 2017

First 2017 post theme: Change.

Every year we make goals to change for the better.  
Every year I look back over my list and hope I can put a check next to something (because I'm check-obsessed). 
While I love seeing the number of books I read or places I visited, I always feel sad when my more important goals like "Regularly say morning prayers," "become a more patient mom," or "master my eating" are still the same (I currently just polished off a can of Pringles and am eating a toblerone as we speak). Do we ever really change?? Will I?
Yet change is all around us. One friend and I were just commenting how how big our kids are getting and he remembers us showing up to Poland with Maddix just a baby. Another friend and I were reflecting on the past (almost) 9 years of our marriages and what they've held, then comparing it against the next 9. That was almost too much change to think about! 

And really I look at these people, like my father-in-law, for instance who literally never  complains, never fails to offer a hand, doesn't speaks ill of anyone, reserves judgements, and is slow to anger/quick to forgive, and has endless love to offer, and I think "when will I feel like I'm becoming more like him?" When will I feel like I'm becoming a little more Christ-like??" 
Change. Sometimes it's too much to handle. 
Sometimes it's slow moving and unnoticeable. 
But always it moves according to the Lord's time, and the consistent thing I can check off my list each year is that I trusted in the Lord's timing. Trusted that he knows when (if ever) I'll master my snacking addiction, when we might expand our family, when I might learn to follow promptings the first time around, when we'll know where we're supposed to raise our family, and essentially everything else in our lives that is unknown. It's not unknown to him. 
I guess change and faith go hand in hand. 
And we must have both to keep moving forward. 
Happy 2017!!! 
(now here are photos from the end of Dec to now)
Sick boy/pup watching Paw Patrol

Sick picnic

Finally got ready to take all us sick-o's
grocery shopping (We had NO food)

Bored from mom and brother being sick

 One day of healthy= playing in the snow and building a sled ramp


 New Year's Eve Sicko's 
(The New Year was rung in by sleeping...)

"I want to be a doctor, just like Daddy."

 Aaron started a P.E. and Art class once a week

Reppin' the New York apparel 


No comments:

Post a Comment