Monday, December 26, 2016

The last of the Christmas posts

And just like that another Christmas season is gone. I'm always so anxious for Christmas to arrive and then so sad to wake up the next morning and think, "oh, it's done now." It's good though, I'm sure most people feel this way, and this year I feel like we did so much in the name of Christmas that it at least didn't fly by.
So as the days drew nearer to Christmas we snuggled to Christmas movies, had our friends over for graham cracker house building (easier than gingerbread), played in all the snow, had a fun game day in front of our fire due to -22 degree f. weather that cancelled church, had Santa's reindeer come check that our new address was correct (and eat the pumpkin in our yard), Christmas eve celebrations with the Johnsons via Skype, Santa pancakes, watched the Grinch while eating Grinch corn, made elf donuts, baked sugar cookies for Santa, made my first ever pull-a-parts for Christmas morning (Travis always makes them)(and they rocked), read Night Before Christmas, and then waited for Santa to come; visions of pull-a-parts dancing in our heads.
Christmas morning, 6:00am Maddix comes to me unsure that Santa had come:) I look at him and notice his Pink eye (which he picked up a few days ago) had not gotten better from the drops, but was now in his other eye and completely crusted shut, bleh! I sent him back to bed only to have him trying multiple ways of waking up Aaron because he was too excited; he was unsuccessful, that kid was OUT!  
The boys and I read The Polar Express and they played with their stocking gifts, but we didn't open presents; we'd previously agreed we'd wait for Travis, even if that meant waiting until 6:30pm when he'd be off work. Well, there was a more pressing problem to, I was committed to singing two numbers in sacrament and Maddix definitely could not go to church. So where can you go to be watched when you're contagious and sick??? 
The Hospital, of course. 
I think Maddix's favorite part of the day was getting to do rounds and see patients and hang out with Travis while Aaron and I went to church. While at church I was so proud of Aaron who sat quietly and colored or built a puzzle each time I left him to go sing; and everyone in the ward was blown away by his good behavior. Way to go buddy! 
And as an added bonus, when we picked up Maddix Travis got to come along to open presents real quick before returning to work!! I love this Mercy Hospital, I can't say enough good things about the people Travis works with/for, and just feel so blessed to be at this hospital. 
So home we went, we opened presents, ate junk, sent Travis back to work, and then the boys and I cuddled on and off the rest of the day just enjoying the lazy nature of Christmas Day. And we were so blessed. 
Thank you to all our amazing family and friends who spoiled us with so many nice things, but more for thinking of us and using your time and money to bless our lives; that's what mean the most. 
And so, another successful and wonderful Christmas and come and gone. 
I pray that the wonderful spirit of service will last all year though. 
And now we will continue to stay quarantined until this Pink eye has officially made its way out of our home! 
Merry Christmas, and a happy New Year! 
Don't forget to set some New Year's Resolutions!!

one of my favorite traditions



Cleaning the church is SO much more fun with Dad! 

Our first fire! 

Reading by the fire! 

Traumatized because she had to go to the bathroom in
-45 degree f winds! 

Stay in game day with a cheese ball. 



Poor guy had to get a shot

Then snuggled off his shot-woe's 


Santa's Reindeer

Beginning of the pink eye 

The Grinch, with Grinch Corn

Santa pancakes

Elf donuts (Aaron was actually happy)


Did the Nativity with the Johnsons... we were the Wisemen
from afar, and their trusty camel.  

Santa came! 





Thank you Grandma Jo! 

Hanging out with Dad Christmas morning


This was her favorite gift; she just carries it all over the house

"I got my new shoes! I love my new shoes!"
Sung to the tune of Pete The Cat's New
Shoes book

Just what he asked Santa for!! 

Thank you Grandma Eileen! 

Snuggles for Marshal 




Daddy's last surprise gift

Yankees stadium in the 50's (I think); Travis loved it. 

His loot

Maddix was old enough this year to set up his presents all by himself; I may have teared up for another mile marker that was reached. 


Our loot from us and our families 
Afternoon snuggles were the best! 
Merry Christmas to everyone, we love you all and look forward to a wonderful 2017; however, 2016 is going to be PRETTY hard to beat;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment