Sunday, December 5, 2021

Welcoming in December! Bring on Christmas!!

 This was my first week having the girls without help… and I was just not up for it! So I enlisted my amazing little sitter again and she ended up coming over for a most the week to help for a few hours of burning energy and then helping me get them down for naps; have I mentioned that she’s an Angel? And not only does she comes over and help me whenever I need, for however long I need, but she always comes with a game for the girls to play (bowling, kids operation with ping pong balls, find the matching colors, trying jelly jeans that either taste good/disgusting, etc); she’s the greatest. So I had another week of help as I continued healing and taking back over the house chores.  

We’ve already been underway Celebratinf Christmas! We’ve been watching Christmas movies, reading Christmas books, working on our service countdown calendar, and decorating. 

We went to Maddix’s Choir Christmas concert; he was amazing. He had a speaking part; sang so well; and received multiple praises from teachers as we tried to leave. His choir teacher said his fingers are crossed that Maddix will take choir next year shen it’s an elective class. After this comment Maddix began thinking and decided he’d like to get into singing and someday join Vocal Point while he’s at BYU! I love this idea. And his drive. What a guy. 


We celebrated Travis’s birthday… well we tried. I got up three streamers and was rushing to get his birthday dinner made when we heard a CRASH… and then we found the Christmas tree had just toppled down, shattering tons of ornaments, flooding the floor, and shorting out the lights from the cords sitting in the puddle. I was devastated, frustrated, and stressed. I’m not allowed to lift over 10lbs. And t he water was causing an instant problem. I couldn’t have done it on my own. And thankfully I didn’t have too. Sometimes I forget how big my boys are getting. They had a friend over and all three of them came running up to help. Aaron began removing ornaments off the tree, Hayden began sweeping glass, and Maddix helped me with the cords. And once it was to a manageable point I told the boys they could go back out to playing, only to hear Aaron tell the boys, “I’ll catch up with you; I want to stay and finish helping mom.” ❤️ 

We finished decorating. Spent lots of time by the fire. Enjoyed this gorgeous weather… it’s been hovering in the upper 40’s and even into the 50’s… in December!! 

Saturday we decided to have a surprise adventure and take the kids to Minneapolis so they could hand Santa their Christmas lists in person. They were so excited. And Santa’s workshop setup was quite a fun change. We ate lunch at the Cadillac Ranch. And then headed home. After the girls went to bed we snuggled the boys while watching a Marvel movie. 

Today… was perfect. There was no church due to non in person stake conference so we slept in Majorly! The kids weren’t feeling great so they took baths and slept a lot. They watched some Sunday movies and Travis and I spent the entire day together, in pj’s, with no must do’s or timetables. Ugh… Heaven. After dinner we ran to do a Christmas delivery, looked at the lights in the way home, enjoy a hot chocolate bar, and then end the night dancing. Travis turned on our holiday lights and some music and came over to ask me to dance. Maddix and Aaron couldn’t handle the mush and both joined us on the dance floor. Then Maddix danced with Addie so sweetly whirl Aaron and Avery rolled around with the dogs! Then Maddix came and asked me to dance; my heart!! And then Aaron came in in just underwear, like Captain underpants; soon followed by Addie; then Avery. Then the dogs began running all round barking and the chaos just ensued! While travis and I were dancing again m, with all this craziness going on around us, he just smiled and we agreed we couldn’t be more grateful to have each other and this life we’ve been blessed with. And if it couldn’t get better, Travis took the kids to read a Sunday Christmas book in front of the fire. What a perfect day! 



































































No comments:

Post a Comment