Friday, August 24, 2012

Another Few Weeks of Summer Fun

Where to start? I've put off blogging because we've had so much happen and I KNOW I'm going to forget something big or fun that we did. Worst part is I didn't take pictures like I normally do so now I'm left to depend on my memory... Which has been shaky for the last two years.
                                                    So Here We Go:
Last Monday (the 13th) started with a wonderful hike up to Stewart Falls again, but this time it was with my mom. Maddix LOVED hiking with Grandma, and by the time we were driving home he was so tired all he could do was try to eat his snacks to stay awake :)
Then at the end of the night we all got together to go celebrate our August birthdays at my mom's cousin Maureen's house. It's tradition that we eat lots of food, try a new dessert, and then play volleyball.

Later that week we enjoyed some cousin time

up'd my miles ran with my dad, had a play date with the Chatterton's, received a surprise from Travis who brought me beautiful flowers and PF Changs for our Anniversary lunch on his break (Happy 4 years!)
We then had a bbq with the Chatterton's and the Hatch's where we had so much fun, ate more delicious food, and then my favorite part was at the end of the night when all three of our boys Maverick (2 years old), Maddix (22months), and Mattix (16months-ish) layed down on some blankets with their own individual bowls of popcorn, and watched Cars. it was SOOO cute. I WISH I had a picture!
So then that weekend we celebrated our Anniversary by spending Sat. night at the Little America and going to the buffet at the Grand Hotel. Seriously the BEST food I've eaten in my LIFE.
It was so fun being up there and all I can say is it ended too quickly. But Sunday we came home and got ready to attend our little cousin's baby blessing (Vance and Alison's baby)  where Maddix ran around their yard playing with all the cousins; he had a blast with them all. And then that night we celebrated a birthday dinner at Trav's grandma's house. Then that night before bed Maddix requested the "Somethin 'bout a Truck" song and began dancing with Nala... who actually danced with him :D

Then this past week we've enjoyed an array of activities ranging from Playing the piano, working, taking Maddix to the doctor because he's COVERED in infected mosquito bites :( , watching my brother's football game, a long walk on the river trail, park time, and then today Travis and I took a bike ride that was around 15miles before I had to go to work.




 ~Good Times~

No comments:

Post a Comment