Sunday, August 5, 2012

~HaPpY SumMeR & EaRly B-dAY~

So we started Monday off the same as always: By sending daddy off to work for the day.

After he left Maddix went to my parents to yet again play in the always asked for sandbox, while I went swimsuit hunting with Mackenzie and Mercedes, thanks for the support gals while I tested my self conscience out by purchasing my first swim suit in 4 years.

On Tuesday we were lucky enough to not have to say goodbye to Travis, so we grabbed Uncle Garett and went to 7-peaks.

 It was our first time using the pass of all passes AND it was PERFECT! There was a thunderstorm warning that day so no one was there, but it was sunny the whole time we swam around.
Soaking up some sun rays with Uncle Garett

Maddix just wanted back in the water... "no picture!"
Then that evening Maddix and I went to my parents for dinner and to go running while Travis went on a boys night out with his buddy's Fernando and Greg.

Wednesday was an eventful day with some ups and downs. That morning Maddix enjoyed some Curious George on the internet while I cleaned the room

 we then had a funeral for our dear neighbor, Richard Bradford. His relationship with my family is best explained with a Home Improvement analogy: My dad= Tim Allen and Richard was his Wilson. He was always there for our family and is survived by a wonderful wife and 16year old daughter. It was a blessing though that he died pretty fast. He found out he had brain cancer back in April and the night before he died they had a funeral for his mother who'd passed on, so he was able to say goodbye to everyone and then his mom was there to welcome him home. We'll love and miss him.

The next morning Maddix and I drove Travis up to A.F. and on the way home Travis and Maddix's favorite song "Somethin bout a Truck" came on and to my surprise Maddix goes, "yah Truck song" and starts clapping:) He then began to sing certain parts of the song:) I loved it. Afterward we went and picked up our friends Camille and Mattix and went back to 7-peaks; it was much more crowded this go around.  That evening we had a triple date with Trav's buddy's (same from the boys night) and we went up Provo Canyon and had a bbq and games. Meanwhile I guess Maddix was up to this
Friday morning Maddix watched some Curious George again just like the other morning while I cleaned and then we went with Mackenzie and Mercedes over to the park by our house. They had a great time but Maddix was SO ready for his nap when he got home.

Saturday was our BIG DAY of the week. First off, I started by going for a run at 7:00am with my dad, Tayla, and another girl. By the time we were done my dad and I ended up running somewhere between 7 and 8miles! Then we rushed to get Maddix's early birthday/summer party up and going!
Maddix was playing in his fort while we were already late for his party so Travis went to fish him out:)
Thank  you so much dad for letting us use all your bouncers and food equipment, and fitting us in in your already extremely busy day! Maddix loves you!

My dad had to leave so my wonderful sister helped and practically ran EVERYTHING. Thanks Tayla!

My in-laws enjoying some shade
Thanks Uncle Scott for coming!


Scooby doo Mystery Machine was by far all the children's favorite

But Keili sure did LOVE the castle
And Mercedes was just content with her peach


L to R: Mackenzie Nelson, Brenna, her friend Ali, and Maddix

Trav and Scott were taking a break. It was getting so hot!
I had to get a picture of these two just like I had from last year


This was his Roaring face

Cousin Keili
The kids really enjoyed the sandbox as well


Then it was presents and Popcorn time



Camille was trying to coax her Mattix to come up the slide... but he wasn't so sure about it
This is our other friend Camille's little girl Hadley, she was so fun to hold, Thanks for sharing her Camille
Both Camille's chasing their boys Maverick and Maddix up the slide with Travis waiting at the top to help them up



Then there's the sliding down!
Maddix and Maverick had so much fun sliding down once they got used to it
The cotton candy was a big hit will all the kids!

And then if we hadn't already had enough fun for the day, we went home and put Maddix to bed while I cleaned and Travis went and got my car's tires rotated for our long drive to St. George tomorrow and picked up some parts to do an oil change. And then to end the night we were so lucky enough to get free tickets, using our pass of all passes, to the Scera Shell's performance of Fiddler on the Roof

We were a bit tired by this time at night!
Tevia's dream is my favorite :)

They did such a wonderful job and the man that played Tevia did a phenomenal job. Now aside from some lumps that Maddix has that we're pretty concerned, about yesterday was perfect and I can't believe how fortunate we are. We are having such an amazing summer!
Thanks to everyone who's making it so great!

1 comment:

  1. buying a swimsuit with a well taken care of body like you have would be a total self esteem booster! Party looked like fun! Miss you.

    ReplyDelete