Sunday, July 29, 2012

...Picture Overload...

This last week was probably one of my favorite weeks of the summer thus far. Travis yet again, was unable to get his interning hours started because the Doctor was once again out of town (I'm starting to like the idea of Travis being a doctor if it means we'll just vacation all summer:) So between having Travis home, the 24th of July, weather that would start out sunny in the mornings and then rain in the evenings creating the perfect mix for the day, and lots of activities you can maybe you can understand why it was my favorite.

MOnDay July 23rd
Maddix and I enjoyed the morning just playing together until Travis came home and then we spent the day together as a family. It was a bit of a lazy day.

PiOneeR DaY-24th
We cleaned up the house and the yard and had my family over for a trip to the river trail, games, and food.



Then later that night my dad, Tayla, and I went for a run and it was beautiful. It started to rain on us, but not enough to keep us from going, just enough to bring the temperature down, drench us, and make it smell like wet pavement (my favorite). While we were on the river trail I turned around and even noticed a double rainbow over us and I just WISH I could have snapped a picture of the beauty. Then that night my family came back over and we made some s'mores.
Of course they had some boys time and played X-box

Wednesday July 25th
I just remember going to work... but I know we did some fun things. I just WISH I could remember what! Oh but while I was at work Travis and Maddix read some more Tom Sawyer and then they literally went out and started White Washing the garden fence :) How cute right?

ThUrsDay July 26th
Travis went and worked the morning roofing with some friends so Maddix and I took advantage of the morning sun and gave Nala a MUCH NEEDED bath.
 Travis surprised us by coming home early, just exhausted from working on the rooftop in the heat so when we met up with Mackenzie and Taylor we decided to take it easier. Mackenzie and I took the kiddo's to Neilson's Grove (behind Walmart) and let them play in the fountain, then we ran to Walmart to rent a movie, and met back up with Travis and Taylor (who were playing X-box and having manly bonding time) where we played a round of Settlers. Then that night I went running with my dad and Tayla again.

FridAy July 27th
Zoo Day!



He found a group of boys and ran right over and started laughing at whatever it was they were laughing at! 
We got home right in time for me to go to work.

Saturday July 28th
Maddix and I started the day with a movie because we were so tired. We cuddled and snuggled in our blankets while watching Curious George (and I fell asleep for about an hour more). When Travis got up we took Maddix to play with his Uncle Colton and we went to mow lawns. Two and half hours later we were going to pick him up and my brother begged me to leave him longer... so we did. We rushed home and cleaned up the house because the Johnson's were coming home from their almost two week vacation in Cali and then we picked Maddix up and headed to Heber to go spend the rest of the day at the Steinagel's cabin with Kenzie and Taylor.





We ate yummy food, walked down to a stream where the kids had so much fun throwing rocks (Maddix even played in the icy cold water most the time we were there), then went back to the house and put on a movie for the wet, cold, exhausted children and played another game of Settlers:) Then afterward we ended the night with a delicious dinner and we drove home. Then when we got back I tried to go on a 5mile run with my dad, but my stomach was SO FULL that I only made it 2 1/2 before having to stop, but I enjoyed just walking around talking to my dad.
And that's been our week. Now today we have Trav's Springville Grandma's birthday dinner at 4:00pm and then my family's brithday dessert celebration at 6pm, so for now we're taking it easy and in an hour we'll be on the go! Enjoy your week

No comments:

Post a Comment